DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:02 pm

Dgflorida wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:33 am
I like your ideas. And it is good to know that someone is doing just fine without a lot of pots and pans. I guess I sometimes think myself out of action wondering if I might need it sometime. I guess I will start to move stuff now to storage and see how it feels. Thanks for the support.
Your welcome.. hope you can find some solutions.. Our lifestyle changes are sometimes hard to realize until we are really made aware of things. I remember when my Mom started to downsize her kitchen and I thought what the heck but she was right.
Janet Alliesmama

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:51 pm

Dgflorida wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 am
Saturday late am

I am so sad that so many are feeling so anxious and afraid. And there seems to be so much hatred for the President expressed through name calling. When you start calling people ugly names, hate is the next step. Soon you hate the person and then their family and then their friends and then their supporters. Without realizing it, you are starting down the dark path as described so well in Star Wars. Fortunately, I fight those feelings by random acts of kindness. I gave the person behind me in line a coupon that I was not going to use that I saw they could use. I complimented a young woman on her hair. The list of simple good things we can do for others is the only way to reduce hate. I welcome my neighbors to whatever fruit are on my trees. If I had any vegetables growing, I would share those too. "If everyone lit one candle, what a bright world this would be."
I hope that you remember that it is our “President” who is the king of name calling, bullying, insults and treating people like crap. This from Day 1 of the 2016 campaign.

Crooked Hillary
Low Energy Jeb
Pocahontas
Lyin’ Ted
Sleepy Joe (Biden)
Sleepy Creepy Joe (Biden)
Little Marco
Cheatin’ Obama (?)
MS-16 Loving Nancy Pelosi
Crazy Bernie
Dumb as a Rock Mika
Head Clown Chuck Schumer
Fat Jerry (Jerry Nadler)
Jeff Flakey
Slimeball Jim Comey

And so many more ...

Much more than policy, this is why I despise “our President” who has cheapened the Office of the President and made us the embarrassment of the world.

I don’t feel “sad.” I feel furious. (No fake sympathy, PLEASE)

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Saturday pm.

Hooray, my electric bill is finally lower than this month a year ago. In fact, it was lower than last October of last year.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:32 pm

I was surprised to see Floridacat come on my journal with such poison attitudes. I have not visited hers or said such hateful things. However, that level of hatefulness is exactly what Yoda warned Skywalker about. I am glad I have chosen a different path.
Last edited by Dgflorida on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:46 pm

Sunday pm

I am slowly waking up. On a second pot of coffee. I have had 2 good discussions with hubs concerning various things. And I called old dance partner and asked if he got into the doctor concerning his headaches and dizziness. He said no. Hubs goes in for a post cataract procedure tomorrow. Old dance partner had it done and I asked about it so we could be prepared.

Today, I will give hubs a shower and change the bedding. Later, pick up fresh salmon to cook for dinner. Wait for military son's Skype and just tidy the house.

This week, the goal will be to get things outside prepared for hurricane season. Even if it is just a cat 1, things need to be secured and not blow around.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:19 am

Monday am

Awake in the middle of the night again. Did some reading and discovered that the dust level is extremely high right now. That would be African dust because there isn't much dust made here in the rainy season. Both nervous neighbor and I are complaining of itchy eyes.

I gave some thought to how to get rid of the wasps that have built a nest inside the porch wall. Doesn't look easy to block off without getting stung. Need to think on it.

Going to plant the plumeria stick today. I really didn't want it. Everyone says they smell great. But I can't smell them. I have had a bad smeller since my first pregnancy. Oh well. I will have to keep it because the neighbor gave it to me and will likely inquire about it from time to time. Glad I have a big yard.

I really need to just get outside and plant a couple of other plants. Several have been in water and now have roots. But it is so very hot all day with hordes of hungry mosquitoes. Well, I hope this journal entry will guilt trip me into doing it.