Gayle's Frugal-Attempts Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
gaylejackson2

Re: Gayle's Spend-less & save more

Post by gaylejackson2 »

July was an awful month, way too much spending, way over budget to my great dismay. :cry:
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Repost from August no-spend thread.
.………
I want 16 no-spend days (would like 20, don't know if I can make it).

I spent last Saturday, though obviously I didnt buy enough milk as we’re down to less than 1 gallon— have told kids to make it last until Thursday morning. 😐 I also bought gas & clothes at Old Navy last Friday.

No personal spending today though I have a Norwex order to put in as soon as my reactivation fee clears.

So I’m currently at:

No-Spend days: 5
Spend days: 2
Want 16-20 no spend days for August.

I don't plan to spend until Thursday Aug 9, rather I only have $4 cash until Thursday. I do have a salad to cobble together for tomorrow’s summer swim party, so if I dont have yogurt I may buy one — trying not to do so though.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Well after ds13's Amazon bru-haa giant mess-up, I found myself at Smith's emptying his relaodable VISA card, so I could go deposit the cash at my bank to cover my electric bill, Norwex order, AND his Amazon order.

So since I was at grocery store, I bought milk, reduced yummy OUI yogurt, and 3 bags of reduced bagels & rolls (6-10 per bag at $0.50 per bag), using some of the cash I'd just gotten from his card. I kept out $6 to add to my last $4, and that will become the start of home-savings.

So the revised totals for today are:

Spend Days: 3
No-spend days: 4
I'm still aiming for 16-20 days of No-spends, and I think I can get there. Plus this way I won't need to shop until Friday. *fingers crossed*
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wow, you are a master of management. Good luck.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

So I shopped on Tuesday, spent nothing yesterday, and shopped again today though I surely wish I’d waited.

Totals are now-
Spend days: 4
No-spend days: 5
Still wanting 15-20 no spend days.

I don't think I’ll shop tomorrow, but may buy more milk Saturday depending on how I feel.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I did shop on Saturday as I’d seen they had notebooks for 5/$1 and crayons at 49¢ for a 24-count box. Also they had Saturday sales. Today was a no-spend.

As of today, totals are....
Spend days: 5
No-spend days: 7
I’m getting closer to my desired 15-20 no spend days.

I’m hoping Monday will be no-spend, and I can shop after my training on Tuesday.