Gayle's Frugal-Attempts Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
gaylejackson2

Re: Gayle's Spend-less & save more

Post by gaylejackson2 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:26 am
Spending days as I can remember them, were Dec 14, 15?, 18, 21, 22, and 24.

So my totals are:
Spend: 10 (11?)
No-spend: 14

I may spend today, Dec 26, if I take dd8 and look for nice white dresses. Part of my problem is that I just don't want to be home right now, AND I want to have dd8’s dress issue resolved Now!
I did spend on Dec 26 and on the 27 😮 though I forget now why; also spent on Dec 29. No spend days were Dec 28, as wellas today Dec 30. It is my current plan also to Not spend on Dec 31 or Jan 1, but will see how milk holds out.

Current totals:
Spend- 14
No spend- 16

Hurray I met my goal of 16 no spend days, but only barely. I hope to reach 16 in January too. I’ll be subbing afain and that helps!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Congratulations, Gayle! The dresses you made for your girls mentioned in your Check-In post sound very cute, too! You are amazing.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

January 4th already! I have not spent since this year started!! :lol: However, today I Will go shopping, but not because we are out of milk, oh no, being back in school has dropped the milk consumption drastically -- there was still 3 gallons there this morning. :D

My current totals then, including today's spending (soon to happen):

Spend: 1
No-spend: 3

I hope to have 16-18 No Spend days this month.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also need to get back to saving again, I kind of stopped doing that in summer, then it has drug along on again but more off again since then. I'm hoping to get my savings envelopes going again... I think that was easier as the money was tucked away where I didn't see it in my bank accounts every time I logged on.

I do have to say... I found $50 in one of my old raggedy weekly grocery envelopes. :lol: It's still there, awaiting my pleasure.

So for savings... Emergency yes, and spending $ for me, then in kids (term deposit) savings accounts too, extra in ds16's as he'll need $$ for his mission in 2-1/2 years; and some in a vacation account and/or anniversary trip account for dh & I when 20 years comes along in just over 1 year. :D
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I spent Friday & Saturday, but not today.

Currently totals are:

Spend: 3
No-spend: 3

Am not saving currently, just spending. ☹️
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Have gotten behind again, am blaming Subbing & life. 😁. I spent on Tuesday, and will do so again much later today, for groceries.

Spend: 5
No-spend: 7

Am getting closer to my desired 16 no-spend days. 😊
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

March 7th today; I find it somewhat funny that I last posted on my birthday, and that today is my youngest son's birthday.

AS I recall, I definitely made my 16 days no-spend for January. I spent over half of February being sick between flu, bronchitis and early stages of pneumonia, which kept me home and made sure I racked up another 15-16 days of no-spend.

March is starting out being tough to keep a handle on; I keep thinking I "need" to buy stuff. I did spend on the 1st, 5th, 6th, and will likely spend again today as we need milk... also today is ds#3's birthday and I neglected to buy his ice cream last night while he & I were shopping for his presents. I would like to make 16 no-spend days this month, and I think I can make it... especially if I stop carrying my debit card or ca$h with me. ;)

No-spend days: 3
Spend days: 4
Wanting 16 no-spend days for March.