Gayle's Frugal-Attempts Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
gaylejackson2

Re: Gayle's Spend-less & save more

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Once again, I have skipped a few (lot) days since my last posting here. I still shop on the same days, and I do remember shopping on both Friday the 12th & Sat the 13th, then on 16th, the 19th, and Tuesday morning the 23rd (because I barely got home in time to bathe & dress dd6 before needing to go to work).

So current totals, including today which is way to crazy to go shopping, are:

Spend: 9
No-spend: 16

Yahoo!!! I've met my goal plus one of 15-16 days of not spending!! D)
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I seem to remember to come here every 2 weeks, and very rarely 2x a week. :D

So I remember shopping on Friday April 26, and about 6 gallons of milk. Then May 1st, I shopped again, buying 8 gallons of Milk to go with the 1-2 still at home, (evidently not enough as we ran out on Sunday evening); I suppose that's what I get for being gone for 4 days and not being home to tell them not to drink so much. Oh I bought gas on May 3rd too. For food, I next shopped on Monday May 6th, and will have to shop again today :( as 4 gallons of milk did Not last until tomorrow (my kids guzzled the last of it last night).

So April's Final totals are:
Spend: 10
No-Spend: 20
-----
May's current totals are (including today):
Spend Days: 4
No-spend: 5

I would love to get 16-20 days again, but will be content with 13-15...

May with end-of-school coming, and Memorial Day weekend (not that I'm currently planning to travel, especially as I made a point of visiting my parents' graves last Saturday, but Dh may want to go camping, which means more pricey & convenience foods), well it might just be more expensive than I want.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Wed May 22, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck with your challenge.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I last posted on May 9th, so yes I seem to repeat my new pattern of coming here about every 2 weeks. :D

Okay, so last week I spent (for food) on Monday the 13th, then again on Friday the 16, and also on the 17th (for gas, and for some yummy squishy stuff-- handpainted wool, at our knitting/spinning group meeting in Craig Colorado), then I spent yesterday for food (no milk as we still had plenty leftover from the weekend & what Dh bought for camping last Friday morning).

So here's my totals thus far this month:

Spend Days: 9
No-Spend days: 13

Hurray for 13 no-spend days!! Now let's see if I can get 16-20 despite Memorial Day & end-of-school (thus more hungry mouths).
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Oh boy! Last post was in May. Well Summer was expensive, and with cancer treatments coming up this fall & winter I expect them to be the same. I’ve been averaging 12-15 spend days each month during the summer, but with kids in school & our food bill should be dropping more now during the week, though with kids on reduced school lunches, I still paying about $60/month there.

We have the family car, a 2015 Expedition, up for sale, trying to get out from under all our big payments as much as can. That will drop our monthly auto insurance bill too.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Smart decision on the car.