March Madness Use It Up Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
ephofma

Re: March Madness Use It Up Challenge

Post by ephofma »

I used up the remainder of DH's bread by having PB sandwiches last night. Used up a loaf of my bread Saturday night by doing the same. I only had to throw away 2 slices. I'm taking smaller amounts out of the freezer now. I'm not sure this is declutter or use it up but I have some very old ladies undies that are absolutely worn out. They are mine BTW. Most of them have elastic in the waist that is completely shot and some of them also have holes. I have been wearing them one last time to make sure they are still driving me crazy and then trashing them. I hate to waste but I am so relieved to not being wearing them. Falling down undies and making the holes worse convinced me to discard. Between February and March I've probably gotten rid of 4-5 pair. I still have plenty and in no need to buy more anytime soon. Also, I used up the white thread on one of my bobbins and some of the yellow thread on another bobbin making my DGD her own POPO (pillow). I am making some progress. Thanks to all of you for the inspiration.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Been awhile but there have been use it ups happening.

Used up all the yellow potatoes.

Used up the small bag of carrots.

Used up a couple of loaves of bread.

Used up a package of roast ham from the fridge freezer.

Used up the celery in the crisper.

Used up the remaining cabbage in the crisper.

Probably many more that I have managed to forget.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the toothpaste sample from the dentist. Moving on to the next one.

Used up another hotel shampoo and conditioner. Got the next set out to use up next.

Used up a package of sandwich meat at lunch.

Used up the remainder of a package of frozen mixed veggies.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Tonight I’m not just doing use-it up, but also combining. Dh came home from his travels with bags-ful of soaps, lotions, shampoos, and conditioners. So I’m dumping all the shampoo together, and the same with conditioner and lotions.

I just got to figure out what to do with all of these soaps. Does anyone know, can I melt them down with water & make like a body wash?
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Used up a toothpaste. Started on the next sample. Hubs gets them when they are fresh. Uses what he can and then I take them to squeeze, cut and scrape the last out.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Gayle

My mother used to sew a couple of little soaps (or slivers of nearly dead soaps) between two worn out wash cloths. She used to go to garage sales and buy wash cloths that were not good enough to use for much other than rags. Some of them were really pretty with decorative lace, etc. Sometimes she would refill them when the soaps melted away. Other times she would just throw them away. She ran the house very frugally.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17