April No Waste/Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
gaylejackson2

Re: April No Waste/Recycle Challenge

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I have been using up all kinds of things since I last posted... lots of leftovers, dog finished off his bag of food (and some meaty leftovers too), laundry detergent, LOTS of milk, 2 bags of small Granny Smith apples, 1 bag of clementines, 1 bag of onions, several loaves of bread, 6-8 balls of scrap yarn, and assorted other things.

I'm going to have to keep better track... or get on here more often. Last week was stressful, and this week is looking to be more of the same.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up another hotel sized shampoo.

Used up all the red potatoes.

Used up the Ranch Dressing (need to make more).

Used up the ball of burgundy yarn.

Used up all the bits and bobs of veggies in the crisper to make our salad at Saturday supper.

Recycled some cardboard into floss winders (traced out some bought winders and cut them out), got another 20 or so.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

We've been doing somewhat better about no waste. We used up all the mandarin oranges except one. That one was in the middle of the bag and I returned it to Publix and told them to please complain to whoever that the last three bags have all had 1 bad orange in it almost as soon as I purchase the bag. Oh well. Finished up a small container of orange juice in DH's tea this morning. Also went through a few days ago to see what needed using up and took care of that today. I made an apple cobbler using up cobbler mix and apple pie filling, lemon bread from a mix, a very small streusel coffee cake from mix and two packages of break and bake cookies. All were at or just past their purchase by date. I did have to throw away a small package of Pepto Bismal that expired a couple of months ago. Used up a package of 50+ vitamins and opened up another one. Also finished up a container of wet Swiffer wipes on the floors today but I have another one in reserve. Oh! I brought home half a small pizza yesterday and I had two small pieces for my lunch today. One more to go.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Over the past few days another number of use it ups have occurred.

Used up another shampoo from a hotel. Pretty soon those will be all gone!!

Used up the sample bottles of facial wash (only a bit in each).

Used up some small jar candles and one rather skinny tall candle.

Used up a package of frozen turkey.

Used up all the salad fixings.

Used up a rather large chunk of cheese.

Used up some pink leftover yarn as well as some grey.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the lonely Italian sausage.

Used up another hotel shampoo.

Used up a package of frozen ham.

Used up some note paper.
Jackie