April No Waste/Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: April No Waste/Recycle Challenge

Post by Carleen »

We finished up all of the leftovers in the fridge. Now we have a ham and some homemade coleslaw in there and those items will last a while what with suppers and lunches.

We're doing much better with using leftovers and I'm glad. Hubby doesn't complain about leftovers (I'm the culprit).
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

I'm in!

Used up a bad of those little mandarin oranges without throwing out a single orange. I think this is the first time.

Still working on using up what is in the freezer, fridge and pantry within a reasonable amount of time. So far, so good.

Put 4 items of clothing in the thrift store bag for next week.

Used up a little blackberry jelly from Cracker Barrel that must have jumped into my purse the last time I was there. Blackberry is DH's favorite.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I've been thinking I need to get back on here to post my use-it "ups". PLus I just need to work harder on Using It ALL Up!!

Last week was laundry detergent (Arm & Hammer powder in box), and loads of food.

Yesterday, I used 1 pkg of 10 chicken thighs in crock-pot for dinner, plus leftover rice, salad, and some of the leftover GF Mac & Cheese.

Today I ate the rest of the GF Mac & cheese, 1 leftover chicken thigh, and the rest of a one pound bag of baby carrots for lunch at school. Dh & dd5 ate the last 2 chicken thighs, rest of rice, and fruit for a late lunch.

Tonight's dinner is Beans & burger -- last 8 cans of pork & beans, a package of venison burger, the 3 aging peppers from fridge, and an onion from pantry. We;ll eat them with the last hoagie rolls, last of sandwich bread (for family), and a gallon of milk -- leaving 3 gallons.

We're getting low in current bag of cat food (have 3-4 more in garage bought on a FABULOUS sale at Kroger), cats are still getting 1/2 tuna can each, but may drop that even further once its much warmer.

For tomorrow's subbing lunch, I'll have leftover beans from tonight, leftover taco meat from last week, or leftover lentil Ham soup-- likely choice. PLus baby carrots, a greek yogurt, and a mandarin or two.

Have also been working on using up yarn by making "saltines," they are the first 2 rows of a granny square -- used up the last of the Caron Simply Soft brown (left from making crochet beanies for Magic Yarn Project), am now working my way through a skein of royal blue thickish acrylic yarn. Have also made one more MYP crochet beanie in Auburn (really its Lion Brand Heartland "Yosemite"), and I think I might have enough to make a 2nd from that same skein, and its leftovers will be recycled into more saltines. I send the saltines to a lady back East somewhere who makes afghans for homeless shelters and veterans.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Gayle, I found that Petsmart can have great sales on cat food. Great like in FREE. I have a diabetic cat and I can't use most dry cat food because it is too "carb". About once a quarter, I can get a free bag of high price, high quality dry cat food. You might want to check it out. Free is always good.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Falling behind here.

Used up a sliced onion from the fridge.

Hubby used up some cement he had downstairs patching parts of the basement floor in the soon to be renovated "man cave" portion.

Used up the leftover beef making stroganoff.

Used up bottles of hotel conditioner and lotion.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:25 am Gayle, I found that Petsmart can have great sales on cat food. Great like in FREE. I have a diabetic cat and I can't use most dry cat food because it is too "carb". About once a quarter, I can get a free bag of high price, high quality dry cat food. You might want to check it out. Free is always good.
I wish we had Petsmart here, but we only have Petco. Still its good as it has it's point system, one point for every dollar spent, then you get $5 for every 100 points you earn, so between our dog, 2 cats, 5 fish, and 2 lizards (one of whom needs at new light bulb.. and dog needs more food), we earn that $5 about every 2 months. Plus I bought a 2018 calendar that has $200-300 worth of coupons in it, with lots of free stuff (which reminds me that I need to cut out more cat & dog food coupons to use when I buy dog food tomorrow).