Just A Bit of This, Dash of That June Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
rinty

Re: Just A Bit of This, Dash of That June Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Post by rinty »

Use it Up going well.

Took mini tubes of toiletries (FREE from hotels) on school trip and also shampoo bottes and rinsed out the dregs ( LOTS of showers given all the activies. Satisfying to use them all up and chuck the packaging so bringing back nuthin'

Realising my age and have REALLY started using lotion. Looking at friedsn who have always moisturised and seeing how good their skin looks. If I used lotion twie daily I still have enough to last the year. Working through a nice bottle of DOVE at the moment.

We made Chicken Parmentier ( used the Rick Stein recipe from the BBc, so good ) for our guests and cooked up two chickens which I then stripped the meat from. Yesterday made a huge pan of stock from the carcasses and will make a chicken pot pie in a white sauce for today ( Sunday ) with leftover meat.

The small amount of parmentier made enough for two lunches for DH and I. I had mine yesterday whilst re was at an Army Reunion. The stock will go in the freezer ans the dog has been in heaven all weekend from eating all the skin and dregs. Basically all that was left form those two suckers was The Cluck.

So that was 6 people on the Friday, then two lunches, a chicken salad sandwich, stock for the freezer and a chicken pot pie tonight that will yield 4 adult portions.

Yay Rubber Chicken.

Dessert today will be all the remains of soft fruit in a meringue shell.

Lunches this week will be using up the 3 open bags of crisps/snacks that have been opened. They were in sealed bags but I want them GONE, don't want anything lingering stalely.

Put the fruit bowl in the living room not the kitchen table to avoid waste. If its in the kitchen we seem to let things go to waste. If its in front on us in the evening it gets eaten !
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Dinner was the leftover lasagne; DH ate the last cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

Have been trying to use up a half-head of red cabbage. Made a slaw to go with fish tacos (and had the leftovers for a side dish the next night). At the moment, I'm shredding a bit at a time to put in regular salad.

Waved off DH from buying mouthwash for his bathroom, since I already had a half-bottle in the closet. (I buy a big bottle and use it to fill a smaller bottle that I keep by the sink.)

Oh, we bought DH a new duffle bag over the weekend. For packing, it was held together with a large piece of elastic (sort of like a big rubber band, LOL). That went into my sewing supplies ... might come in handy for a repair or replacement on something.
Momof2Still

Post by Momof2Still »

RM and I (and pets) are still doing well with using things up. Within the last few days we have used and/or eaten:

The left-over eggplant parmesan
The left-over lasagna
The chicken salad
Partial loaf of bread
Partial box of cereal
Bottle of body wash
Partial bag of pine liter (rabbits)
Two plus containers cat liter
Dumped the remaining partial bag of cat food into container (will need to pick up another bag in a day or two)
Part of a red onion (used in a tomato salad)
The rest of the tomatoes (most in a tomato salad)
Partial cucumber
Rest of a dozen of eggs
Remaining milk in the fridge
Can of a sauce you add meat to (added the pkg. of rotisserie chicken from the freezer)
Rest of a watermelon
Some grapes
The lone English muffin
The cream gravy I did not freeze

Hmmm… there seems like there should be more, but I cannot think of anything else at the moment.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So what have we used up since I last posted?

Used up the last of the steak.

Used up the leftover BBQ ribs.

Used up the leftover mashed potatoes.

Used up two balls of yarn from the stash.

Used up the windex and refilled the bottle from the big one.

Used up the Shout and refilled the bottle from the big one.

Cut up a pair of Hubby's socks to make ties for the garden.

The rhubarb pudding cake is all gone now. Need to make another one. Hubby figures I should make a couple of smaller ones for youngest DS as part of his car package.

Used up a container of kitty litter and recycled the container into a hold all for some of Hubby's tools in the shed.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I like the "car package" Cute. Yep, like those kitty litter tubs and love recycling. :)
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Let's see ..
Used half a can of broth to steam some greens for dinner.
Also used up the last of the mashed potatoes ... didn't quite finish the leftover rice.