Recycling August Away

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Recycling August Away

Post by Dgflorida »

Today, I am going to begin the recycle of old t-shirts. Many are hubs and huge. There are a couple of things to try with them. And a couple I won't try. I hope to make a couple of shortie nightgowns or sleeveless around the house shirts. t-shirts are almost winter wear here. The sleeves will be cut for girl wipes. But just selecting and washing now. Excited to be recycling.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 am
Jackielou wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:40 pm All scraps of veggies have been added to the compost pile and will be recycled into the garden. Have another papertowel cardboard tube from my friend that will be used to make Christmas decorations.
What kind of decorations are you making from the paper towel tube, Jackie?
I will use the tubes cut into 1" rounds plus some of the very small scrap balls of yarn I have to make little toques with. I made these years ago with the youth group and they were just so darn cute.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:19 am
Jackielou wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:40 pm All scraps of veggies have been added to the compost pile and will be recycled into the garden. Have another papertowel cardboard tube from my friend that will be used to make Christmas decorations.
I will use the tubes cut into 1" rounds plus some of the very small scrap balls of yarn I have to make little toques with. I made these years ago with the youth group and they were just so darn cute.
Could you share pictures please? I’m not quite sure what you mean. Or well, put pictures on your blog & tell us when you do so I can go look?
Thanks 🙂
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Last night I finished getting the last of the hotel conditioner bottles drained into my big bottle, which is now full. I think I gained 1/2 bottle from all the little ones.

Yesterday, I also drained all the lotions out into another bottle- I’ll add that to my next lotion-making adventure soon as all my “handmade” lotion mixes are sooo thick. I have the Vit E creams to thin them out, just need to do it.

One of my big half-barrel planter pots is broken, I’m going to put it's soil into it's twin, and hopefully my bigger pots from garage are still there and I can use them. Otherwise the rest of the dirt may go into a 5-gallon bucket until I figure out a new home.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 pm
Jackielou wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:19 am
Could you share pictures please? I’m not quite sure what you mean. Or well, put pictures on your blog & tell us when you do so I can go look?
Thanks 🙂
Will do so. I am still working on a scarf biut hope to start on these very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

DH brought home a pizza-size coffee cake from the grocery ... I am keeping the plastic "dish" and lid to use as plant saucers for large pots.