Recycling August Away

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Recycling August Away

Post by Jackielou »

Because I am trying a new challenge this month (specifically using up my pantry/freezers) I thought this challenge could be on its own for this month.

Let's bump up our recycling habits and see what new ideas we can come up with.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Re: Recycling August Away

Post by Dgflorida »

Great challenge.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Yesterday, and again today, am emptying tiny travel (hotel sample) bottles of body wash & shampoo into pump hand-soap bottles to use for hand-washing. I just put the bottles to drain& come back every 20-30 minutes to change them out. Add some water, slosh -a bit & done.

Not recycling, but I fixed a reusable shopping bag yesterday rather than throwing away as dh wanted me to do.

Edited to add:
I decided to also dump all the conditioner bottles and lotion bottles into one larger container each as well. I might as well get as much use from all of those bitty bottles as possible.

Now, if I can figure out a use for the dozens of full & partial soap bars, that would be WONDERFUL!! I'm considering making liquid hand soap, but that would only take a few bars, then what would I do with the other gallon bag and a half I had leftover? :lol:
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good job, Gayle
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

All scraps of veggies have been added to the compost pile and will be recycled into the garden. Have another papertowel cardboard tube from my friend that will be used to make Christmas decorations.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:40 pm All scraps of veggies have been added to the compost pile and will be recycled into the garden. Have another papertowel cardboard tube from my friend that will be used to make Christmas decorations.
What kind of decorations are you making from the paper towel tube, Jackie?