Projects for 2019

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Projects for 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Nothing feels quite as good as having a goal checked off. Congrats Jackielou.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

The storage area to protect the water filter system is finished. Nice to have that project checked off.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I'm jumping inrather late, but I need to do heaps of decluttering.

1- Ds16 keeps pestering me incessantly about cleaning up the family room, but what He (of the largest bedroom of the house) refuses to acknowlege, is that there is just NO WHERE ELSE for those clothes to go... unless he's willing to share a corner of his bedroom with them (He Won't). However, yes, some of the clothes & shoes there can go.

2- My bedroom closet needs a serious cleanout (perhaps during Spring Break on 1st week of April), especially the shelves.

3- I also need to send a few more of Mother's clothes down the road... they would be useful to another person, though I was hanging onto them to cut up into a memory quilt, yet there they still are. I should sort through my own clothes, coats & jackets again too.

4- Clean off my dresser.

5- Make an earring hanger/organizer, so I can see at a glance what I have.

6- Clean under my bathroom sink, it's become the catch-all again.

7- Clean under my bed, at least under my side.

8- Clean out the front closet, & get Dh to install more hooks (even move up the ones there) for shorter ppl to hang their coats on. Also sort through shoes & boots, and coats in there too... I don't know that Dh Really Needs 10 coats & jackets.

9- Clean out pantry, go through the unopened boxes, sort through stuff on the shelves, and make permanent cereal and GF food sections. I think I should also store some of my heavier appliances on the lowest shelf, rather than on the top shelf. I would also like to have some sort of broom & mop hanger to one side so they stop falling on people opening the door.

10- Summer & spring gardens and flower beds... lots to be done, but first I need boys to clean up the winter's collection of dog poo strewn about.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

A good set of challenges, Gayle.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:21 am I'm jumping inrather late, but I need to do heaps of decluttering.

1- Ds16 keeps pestering me incessantly about cleaning up the family room, but what He (of the largest bedroom of the house) refuses to acknowlege, is that there is just NO WHERE ELSE for those clothes to go... unless he's willing to share a corner of his bedroom with them (He Won't). However, yes, some of the clothes & shoes there can go.

2- My bedroom closet needs a serious cleanout (perhaps during Spring Break on 1st week of April), especially the shelves.

3- I also need to send a few more of Mother's clothes down the road... they would be useful to another person, though I was hanging onto them to cut up into a memory quilt, yet there they still are. I should sort through my own clothes, coats & jackets again too.

4- Clean off my dresser.

5- Make an earring hanger/organizer, so I can see at a glance what I have.

6- Clean under my bathroom sink, it's become the catch-all again.

7- Clean under my bed, at least under my side.

8- Clean out the front closet, & get Dh to install more hooks (even move up the ones there) for shorter ppl to hang their coats on. Also sort through shoes & boots, and coats in there too... I don't know that Dh Really Needs 10 coats & jackets.

9- Clean out pantry, go through the unopened boxes, sort through stuff on the shelves, and make permanent cereal and GF food sections. I think I should also store some of my heavier appliances on the lowest shelf, rather than on the top shelf. I would also like to have some sort of broom & mop hanger to one side so they stop falling on people opening the door.

10- Summer & spring gardens and flower beds... lots to be done, but first I need boys to clean up the winter's collection of dog poo strewn about.
Gayle do not know where you get the time or energy to do all that you do.. Good luck.
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:07 pm Gayle do not know where you get the time or energy to do all that you do.. Good luck.
I don't have much energy actually. I still have 4 family members who still insist upon eating gluteny foods, and I keep getting bits of it, even just the dust in the air... enough to keep me from sleeping well, I live in a brain fog, I barely get through some days, In fact I cannot remember the last time I felt like I had enough energy to do whatever i wanted, and still had energy to spare.

As for time, there is no school today, nor for the entire next week.. Spring Break. I'm determined to have time for myself in the afternoons to do whatever I want to do. I refuse to be shackled to whatever my children think that I SHOULD DO FOR THEM.