Projects for 2019

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
rinty

Re: Projects for 2019

Post by rinty »

1. Hire a skip. There is company here that offers DEALZ to retired people. Decluttering in one fell swoop. BOOYAH !

( a skip is a large metal container the size of a dump truck that you rent and then FILL and then its collected , magic )

2. Repaint the kitchen, same colour , a pale duck egg blue. Last painted in 2015.

3.Join DH at the allotment. He has increased ours to 3 times its original size. I have plans for a Herb Garden there using our more oversized plants from here. They'll grow quickly and look good.

4. Do a FINAL revamp of the craft room. If I haven't touched it in years someone else will be given it. I have done Craft Club for 2 years and STILL haven't made a dent in it.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am just going to poke my head in from time to time to see how everyone is doing so that is why I am posting to be notified of when there are updates.
Good luck to everyone in 2019. Sounds like you all have wonderful plans. Have a Happy New Year. Janet Alliesmam
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Adding another project

15. A lovely bench for our entry way so I can sit to put my shoes and boots on. Perhaps with storage cubbies under it so I can clean up one corner of the entry way. Even better would be some hooks above to hang our everyday coats on.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sounds like a great idea Jackielou.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Stage one of the outdoor cooking area is complete. The screens on the south have been replaced with windows. The overhang protecting the water filter is going in next week. In addition, I had the roof extended on the big shed. Doubled the storage and will protect the area from the 10lb cones off the monkey puzzle tree. Those were dangerous and I was afraid to go there. The fancy edging for the front of the house has been ordered. Some plants have been bought.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

We now have a bench for our entry way. Sure is nice to be able to sit when putting on or taking off one's footwear. One project down (I had wanted Hubby to make one, but instead of waiting I used my saved allowance and bought one).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/