Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:19 am I am interested in the tofu pie as well. If you find the recipe and try it, please share the details, Janet.
ok will do.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:19 am I am interested in the tofu pie as well. If you find the recipe and try it, please share the details, Janet.
I have been going over the list of things I can eat and apparently tofu is not allowed. I am checking in to other options. I will let you know if I find anything that might work with your DH's diet. I know there are tons of recipes for everything. Just need to find the right one for me right now..
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I had two hard boiled eggs for breakfast (.58 cents a dozen) so about .08 cents for breakfast. Had day old coffee with half and half cannot figure the cost.

Lunch was rotisserie chicken (free) and some leftover mashed potatoes with a little bit of sour cream. Maybe cost .05 cents. Right now I am very tired and food does not even appeal to me so not sure if I will eat dinner although with my diabetes I need to eat something. I am thinking much later this evening a grilled cheese sandwich made with gluten free rye bread and a cup of homemade gluten free tomato soup.

Went to the grocery store and bought a rotisserie chicken $6.46 (free).. I did not get the discounted price of $4.49 due to the other items I had planned on to get the discount were sold out. However the chicken was free with survey money. I did not use my store rewards. Note to self: Never wait until the last day of a sale since most likely everything you want will be gone.

I have started to stock some of the things I will be able to eat and they are going to put a big bite in my budget. The total bill was $55.10 but I did save $11.20 with a coupon for gluten free bread($2.75 off), sale items, and electronic coupons from the store. So glad I am able to add the electronic coupons in with my computer instead of using a cell phone. My cell phone is very basic and I cannot use it for things like that.

I am happy that this month another credit card will be paid off and that money can go towards paying my taxes and allow me to eat better with the correct foods to eat more healthy.

I stocked up on fresh dog food for Teddi and hopefully we can get through the next couple of weeks and he will eat well without throwing up. I have finally found a dog treat that is not a meat stick of some sort that he will eat. They are in the shape of a teddy bear and are suppose to have a ginger taste. He loves them. He begs for treat a lot but I do not like giving him the meat sticks more than the recommended amount and the carrots are ok but sometimes I think he needs to limit them as well. So the little bears are about the size, or a little bit smaller, than a nickle. They will give him a treat without too much bulk in his stomach.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Congrats on paying off another credit card. I also have a simple phone and I am glad I can add digital coupons via the computer. Sorry to hear that the tofu fell through and I hope you find something else. I haven't had tofu for a long time. It is pretty expensive, the price of real meat(discounted) in most cases.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:05 am Congrats on paying off another credit card. I also have a simple phone and I am glad I can add digital coupons via the computer. Sorry to hear that the tofu fell through and I hope you find something else. I haven't had tofu for a long time. It is pretty expensive, the price of real meat(discounted) in most cases.
Thanks DG. I will pay off another one in January. There is still one left after that but the cost is minimal. I got in to debt when I lost my medical insurance before medicare kicked in.. What a relief to get them out of the budget.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

The other day my coffee pot broke which was amazing since I had planned on phasing out coffee when the half and half was gone. I had just two servings of half and half left so I used one serving with my oatmeal yesterday and will use the last of it tomorrow with my oatmeal. I am drinking English Breakfast tea ( from Big Lots) with unsweetened almond milk. It taste better than I thought it would. Due to my ALS I have to use some kind of milk with tea for some reason black tea causes my throat to close.

Breakfast: I am going to have gluten free "rye" bread toasted with a little bit of butter. Organic butter bought on sale for ($3.32). I bought the bread almost at half price with a coupon.
Lunch: Will be the last of a some homemade gf tomato soup and a grilled cheese made with the "rye" bread and some cheddar cheese. I am really close to using the last of my cheddar cheese. sniff, sniff.

I have a Drs appointment this afternoon but I plan on throwing some country ribs ($2.74 on deep discount)in the crock pot this morning and let them cook all day. When I come back from the Drs office I will add BBQ sauce and nuke a "baked potato". The potatoes were 5 lbs for .99 cents. I still have some sour cream left so will add that to the baked potato and open a can of green beans. I plan on making a clone of Arby's BBQ sauce with pantry items on hand.

I have made a combined amount of $53.00 doing surveys and the little penny games and have decided that it will all go towards the most recent grocery purchase of $55.10. So groceries actually came to $2.10. The $40.00 refund from signing up for Life Lock did boost my earnings faster than I had anticipated. However money is money no matter what the source.
Janet Alliesmama