Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am looking forward to the new year with a lot of promise. Last year was a good one despite having to spend on things I had not planned on. This year will see me being more frugal and yet full of things I need and want to do.. I think we all have wants and there are needs. The needs will come first..

Anyone else interested in joining the challenge? Just jump right in whenever you want. There are no rules except what you set for yourself.

Happy New Year everyone and may 2019 be your best frugal year ever.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Momof2Still

Re: Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Post by Momof2Still »

I too am looking forward to what this year brings. I think I am finally getting use to the changes in my life that have occurred over the last couple of years. I know there are a few more to embrace this year, some good, some not so good, but in the end all will be for the best. I do hope to post more than I have the last few months now that I feel things are settling down. I know I will still be busy, but I hope it is a more relaxed busy. Have a great day and start to the 2019
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Momof2Still wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:12 am I too am looking forward to what this year brings. I think I am finally getting use to the changes in my life that have occurred over the last couple of years. I know there are a few more to embrace this year, some good, some not so good, but in the end all will be for the best. I do hope to post more than I have the last few months now that I feel things are settling down. I know I will still be busy, but I hope it is a more relaxed busy. Have a great day and start to the 2019
Momof2.. Good to hear you are going along with the challenge in 2019.. wishing you good luck and a very happy and frugal new year. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:02 pm Momof2.. Good to hear you are going along with the challenge in 2019.. wishing you good luck and a very happy and frugal new year. Janet Alliesmama
Janet I am so happy that you started this - I am so in! I have made a budget for the year with "goal amounts" for every imaginable expense and am tracking every penny - with the thought in mind that the less spent the easier the tracking will be!

So far this year I have spent $10 on gas for my car as that is needed to check in on / visit with my parents. I will be walking to work most days so gas is one expense I have a lot of control over and the ability to keep it low...I have budgeted $100 for the whole year - barring any unforeseen circumstances, that should be very doable.

I have a budget for the fur babies too - the girls don't know it yet but they are TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM and cutting wayyyyyy back on their consumption of treats. I give them far too many.

Anyway, I will be looking forward to checking in here as often as I can and getting inspiration from my frugal friends.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I am in the process of going over my Visa statement line by line to eliminate a few things. I put all of my purchases (including groceries) on this card so I can get cash back and it's less likely to get compromised. I stay away from the debit card and only use it for ATM withdrawals which is very rare.

I would like to use my money from work to put towards paying off my house. Since I am paying almost no interest on my new vehicle I will keep that payment the same.

Bev
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:26 pm Janet I am so happy that you started this - I am so in! I have made a budget for the year with "goal amounts" for every imaginable expense and am tracking every penny - with the thought in mind that the less spent the easier the tracking will be!

So far this year I have spent $10 on gas for my car as that is needed to check in on / visit with my parents. I will be walking to work most days so gas is one expense I have a lot of control over and the ability to keep it low...I have budgeted $100 for the whole year - barring any unforeseen circumstances, that should be very doable.

I have a budget for the fur babies too - the girls don't know it yet but they are TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM and cutting wayyyyyy back on their consumption of treats. I give them far too many.

Anyway, I will be looking forward to checking in here as often as I can and getting inspiration from my frugal friends.
Sheila so glad to hear you are joining in. I look forward to seeing how others are cutting corners.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama