Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:50 pm I'm still trying to do better in September ;)

I'll have to start doing better all-around because.... Today I found out how much our car insurance is going to be when DD is fully licensed :shock:

I wish there was a fainting emoji.

And also I'm no longer 'feeling' the job. Respect the boss, but he makes decisions on a basis that...

Well, it's not the way I make decisions :lol: and I'm not sure how much longer I can bite my tongue. It hurts.

He's the only person I've ever known who can say "we're having the best year ever and I think it's because xyz," and in the next breath talk about changing xyz. Sometimes I have to stifle myself otherwise I get a little sarcastic. Because who changes something that's doing so much for you? It's crazy.

Alas, he's being influenced by folks who don't realize what xyz is doing for him. Frankly I'm not sure they even care. Xyz, you see, was not their idea, and it has associated costs. No where NEAR, in cost, what it brings about in growth, but some people just can't see the forest because they get stuck on that one tree they don't like... Different KIND of tree, you see, than the trees they like...

If it were my company I'd tell them to butt out. Which is why I likely need to go, LOL, before I say something unkind about them.
It is tough when you see something that is not as is should be.. Hope you can contain yourself..lol.
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

SandiSAHM wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:50 pm I'm still trying to do better in September ;)

And also I'm no longer 'feeling' the job. Respect the boss, but he makes decisions on a basis that...

Well, it's not the way I make decisions :lol: and I'm not sure how much longer I can bite my tongue. It hurts.

He's the only person I've ever known who can say "we're having the best year ever and I think it's because xyz," and in the next breath talk about changing xyz. Sometimes I have to stifle myself otherwise I get a little sarcastic. Because who changes something that's doing so much for you? It's crazy.

Alas, he's being influenced by folks who don't realize what xyz is doing for him. Frankly I'm not sure they even care. Xyz, you see, was not their idea, and it has associated costs. No where NEAR, in cost, what it brings about in growth, but some people just can't see the forest because they get stuck on that one tree they don't like... Different KIND of tree, you see, than the trees they like...

Sounds like some of the "stupid corporate tricks" I've witnessed in my previous life. Have something really successful? Well, heck, let's fiddle with it until we kill it. Then wonder why revenues start to dive ....
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Still working for now.

Good thing about that: too tired to go out for much, end up playing "Chopped" with what's in the fridge/freezer/pantry a lot.

Bad thing about that: you'd think a part time job wouldn't infringe on getting stuff done at home so much, but see above, the people are getting wearing of being Chopped contestants and/or judges. So this weekend is a major grocery run and some decent cooking.

Bring on cold weather! I can put a crock pot of homemade soup on to cook itself with the best of them. It's the not-wintery fare that causes issues.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I agree with you about the not winter fare. I am never sure it is good to put a "hot" meal on the table during the summer. Here in Florida, summer lasts a long time and salads do get tiresome.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:11 pmI agree with you about the not winter fare. I am never sure it is good to put a "hot" meal on the table during the summer. Here in Florida, summer lasts a long time and salads do get tiresome.
Cooking out is a safe bet, even as vegetarians. Keeps the heat out. The problem is sides, we don't all agree on many and the kid with braces can't eat corn on the cob :lol: which we also cook on the grill. Everyone likes potato salad but of course to do that you first have to either boil or roast potatoes which requires heating the house. :roll: None of us likes store-bought potato salad, too heavy on the mayo and they overcook the potatoes.

DH will literally eat hot soup when its 110 degrees outside, but he sees the logic of not heating up the house if its possible to avoid it.

I also can barely wait to start baking breakfast breads again. I don't eat them (don't need the carbs) but DH and the kids enjoy them.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I worry about cleaning the grill after reading about the wires coming off the cleaning brush and getting lodged in a child's throat. Don't you?