Eyes on the Prize

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Eyes on the Prize

Post by ChristmasTrees » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:42 pm

What motivates me is that I HATE debt. You are doing great! If I owe something, and I need to take a break from total non spending...I take myself to the Dollar Tree and buy myself one or two things.....instant gratification.....two dollars....back on track!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:06 am

Like ChristmasTrees I hate debt too and worked like a mad woman to get out of debt. Through putting extra when we could on our mortgage and putting our lottery win (we didn't win millions but did win a goodly amount at the time) on the same mortgage we managed to pay off our house in half the time it would have taken.

Now while we do use credit cards (for the money back option) they are always paid in full.

You will love being debt free.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:33 am

Dollar tree is not always a bargain. I did a calculation on their turkey bacon. The price seemed nice, but low and behold the price number per oz. actually matched costs at other stores. Be careful.

rinty

Post by rinty » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:45 am

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:42 pm
What motivates me is that I HATE debt. You are doing great! If I owe something, and I need to take a break from total non spending...I take myself to the Dollar Tree and buy myself one or two things.....instant gratification.....two dollars....back on track!
I know what you mean ! I'll happily go in and spend £3 on cheap cleaning supplies and weird sweets when I just want a LITTLE instant gratification. I used to buy the cheap little toys too, but the children are now telling me about " too much Plastic , Granma ! " which is wonderful. I love that they think Green these days.