2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: 2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Post by HappyDaze »

Dgflorida wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 am So nice! Such thoughtful gifts.
Thank you DG. My mom has a big basket next to "her chair" where she sits to read, watch television, etc. She keeps things in the basket for letter writing, list making - also stickers and little books and recipe cards and all that sort of thing.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Re: 2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Post by HappyDaze »

Since last check in I have purchased TWO vacuum cleaners, two sets of nail polish strips, a plastic beverage pitcher and 3 candles - all for myself.

My challenge hasn't been entirely successful but I am very grateful that I tried it - I do believe it saved me a good chunk of change and it was fun thinking of free or used alternatives for things I thought about running out to buy.

I can still count on my two hands the number of new (non-consumable) items I have purchased so far this year. (IF you count my mom's birthday goodies as ONE gift - I guess that won't really work, lol - I tried).
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz