My 2020 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: My 2020 Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

Ok I lied! I cannot follow a recipe. lol. I made my hot and sour soup and thought I knew what I was doing but when I checked the recipe I was suppose to only use 1 teaspoon of Asian sesame seed oil. I had used 1 tablespoon! I tasted it and it was still acceptable in taste just a tad too much sesame seed oil.

I developed diarrhea yesterday after eating some sugar free chocolate chips. I wanted something sweet and since I am phasing things out the only thing I could find was sugar free chocolate chips. It does come with a warning that excessive consumption may cause diarrhea. However I had less than a 1/4 cup.. Live and learn. Teddi also had diarrheas before I did. He made a mess on my bed and in the living room. So had to strip everything down and clean things. I spot cleaned and rinse the areas that were soiled.

Breakfast yesterday was the last of the bacon and two fried eggs with a cup of tea.

Yesterday lunch was a cup of hot and sour soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. The soup was good but tomato soup would have been better.

After looking through my fridge decided not to make the Chinese stir fry. I found Italian sausage that needed to be used up. I made a sandwich for dinner last night and for lunch today. I have one more link left. I think I am going to slice it up and freeze it for making homemade pizza.

Breakfast this morning was toast made with gluten free bread with peanut butter and strawberry jam. I am trying to phase out the PB&J. Had a cup of tea, Breakfast in Paris.

Lunch was very late and it was 2 cups of hot and sour soup. Yum. Very filling and tasty.

I made a quick stir fry for dinner using the fresh mushrooms, snow peas, onion, and the last of the chicken tenderloins. I have fresh strawberries so sliced a few up and added stevia in the raw ( from Big Lots) and a dab of generic cool whip.

I cooked the last of the chicken tenderloins for Teddi for dinner.

Today was laundry day. My aide and I did 4 loads due to the mess Teddi made on my bed. Also last night I spilled water on my bed while filling my c-pap so I could not sleep in my bed and had to strip it down to the mattress . Had to drag the the foam rubber padding out to the garage to line dry and put the bed topper in the dryer and remake the bed! I am looking forward to sleeping in my bed tonight. Hope there are no more incidents.

Loaded more things in to my car to take to the basement. Also sorted more things from my spare bedroom and relocated them. I offered some clothing to my aide and she said she would take them for her granddaughter's and if they do not want them she will take them to a charity shop near where she lives. The money they make goes to an animal shelter.. That really made me happy. Will see if I can find more things to give to her for relocation.

I live such an exciting life...lol
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I also hope there are no more incidents. Good luck on that. Yeah, I understand about the diarrhea situation. If I don't get enough vegetables, I get constipated, so as a precaution on low vegetable days, I will take a fiber tablet. That may be too successful, so it is a never ending balancing act, it seems. Getting old....only for the brave.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:32 am I also hope there are no more incidents. Good luck on that. Yeah, I understand about the diarrhea situation. If I don't get enough vegetables, I get constipated, so as a precaution on low vegetable days, I will take a fiber tablet. That may be too successful, so it is a never ending balancing act, it seems. Getting old....only for the brave.
I told my aide yesterday, "Don't get old."lol.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

LOL
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

As always when you think you are getting a handle on things something pops up. Yesterday while I was outside with Teddi I was scanning the trees along the road and realized one very large tree is dying. How and why? The thing is it will have to at least have the big branches removed because they could break off and fall across the road or God forbid fall on a car or bicycle rider. Our road is used a lot by people that like to ride bicycles. Then today when I was driving in to the village to pay my water bill the A/C went out on my car. We have had lovely weather for the last week and a half and the rest of the week it is going to be going up in to the high 90's..Bummer. It seems that things go in three's so I wonder what next will happen?
I had a call from a dear friend. She lives in another state about an hour and a half away. She and her SO have been sheltering in place too long. He is even working from home and they have not been anywhere for a couple of months. She asked if it would be ok for them to come for a visit some week-end. They would wear masks, social distance, and bring lunch. Also while they are here her SO will fix the toilet I am having a problem with. I jumped at the chance to have company. I know she has germaphobia so I know she has been doing all of the right things. The sweet thing was that even though they have a lot of friends living a lot closer to them her SO suggested that she needed to see me over all them since she always feels better when she comes for a visit with me. She is the one I can always count on to take me to special procedure at hospital even though it is not convenient for her to come here. A true friend.

Today was use it up day. I had PB&J on gluten free toast for breakfast. Used up the last of the peanut butter in a jar but still have some in a different jar. One jar was mine and one was for Teddi but he no longer likes it.
Lunch I used some leftover taco meat and made a taco bowl without the taco shell. I nuked the meat, added cheese, diced half of an avocado, sliced some pickled jalapeno pepper slices, and snipped some fresh cilantro over all of it. It was quick and tasty.

Dinner I had two bowls of hot and sour soup with buttered toast. I was not up to cooking anything else. I sliced some fresh strawberries and added a sprinkle of stevia in the raw and added a dab of generic cool whip.

I was tired due to earlier today I had washed sheets and clothing and hung them on the clotheslines in the garage. I had that done by 7:20 AM. Then late morning had to go out and pick up sticks so my neighbor could cut my grass. There were a ton of them due to we had several days of high winds as a result of tropical storm Cristobal. My aide helped otherwise I would have been unable to complete it on my own today. Later after lunch I did a little bit more puttering in the spare bedroom. Things are moving along and should be cleared out by the week-end. I do need to sort through the drawers and organize them. A lot of my miniature crafting items are stored in the drawers as well as other craft items like embroidery. I will never have to buy another thing to craft as long as I live. I refuse to die until they are done. I will be about 105 before that happens..lol. I also drove to the village to pay my water bill that was about a 6 mile round trip. Usually enjoyable due to being in the country but not so great when the A/C goes out. I have had problems off and on and with it and usually it will come back but one day it may not and that is going to be a big bill.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

AC is a challenge, isn't it? I don't use the ac in my car or son's truck. I just open the windows. I don't go out if it raining as a result. I am nervous about the house ac going out since it is old. But even if new, it could go out, so I just put that worry aside and try to focus on the positive.

Trees are lovely until they die. Then they are a financial burden or a danger or both. Good luck with it.