My 2020 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: My 2020 Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

Bev tried to send a PM but it did not go through. Rather tired right now so will try again tomorrow... Sorry, Janet
Janet Alliesmama

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I just sent you a PM.

Bev

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:27 pm
It rained buckets off and on today and especially rained very hard when I went to the eye Dr. I do get discouraged about what people think makes their facility handicapped accessible. The Drs office stands on a big mound of dirt and they have a steep walkway thinking that it makes it handicapped accessible for wheelchairs. Wish they knew how hard it is to push a wheelchair up that grade and in order to take someone down it, without them toppling out, you have to back down it. Also if you are a disabled person on foot the steep grade is more difficult for me to walk on especially due to using a cane. Today was an adventure having to use a cane, holding an umbrella and dealing with high wind and driving rain. My medical Dr was another one that had a steep incline to get in to her office. She built her office from the ground up with it too having a steep incline. After she moved in I asked her what was with Mount Kilimanjaro at her front entrance. She looked at me and laughed and said, " it is our natural wheelchair ramp." Since her practice was primarily geriatrics it was difficult for people like me. The parking lot handicapped area is on such a step incline the door keeps trying to shut when you are trying to get out. I thought some people just do not think things through. Both of these practices wanted to have basements for storage of records so only dug half way down and then put their building on a built up mound for their main business area..They should consult with real people with real problems before they build.
Janet, do you have a rain bonnet? My mother always carried one in her pocket. It was a nice generous size and it greatly protected her head and face when she was unable to manage an umbrella.
Patty

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

BevMoore wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:46 pm
Janet, can you send me a list of survey sites you use? I currently use about 3-4. I have made almost $100.00 in the past 4-5 months. I started doing surveys when the pandemic started an I knew I would not be working. I cashed out $80.00 which I will be getting via PayPal and will cover half of my books purchase. It's hit or miss. Occasionally I will get lots of surveys I qualify for and other times its hit or miss. I know of one site you use, Pine Cone, but have yet to score an invite. Any ideas on how I can get in on it? If you like I can send you the sites I use.

Sheila PM'd me the sites I currently use but can always use more. TYA

Bev
Bev, would you share with me as well? You can pm me with them if you want. Thank you in advance!
Patty

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

chocolite, I just sent you a PM. Can you let me know if you receive it so I will know if it is working? Thanks.

Bev

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

I got it, Bev. Thank you!
Patty