Thio Week's Menu - Keeping it Frugal and Healthy

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Thio Week's Menu - Keeping it Frugal and Healthy

Post by HappyDaze »

Here is what I'm having for breakfasts, lunches and suppers this week, in no particular order (many meals repeat - I don't mind eating the same things on repeat):

Breakfast: whole grain toast with natural peanut butter or homemade chocolate chip banana bread; oatmeal with blueberries.

Lunches: homemade stuffed peppers (peppers bought from the "bad produce for .99 cents" cart at my local grocery - and the produce isn't really "bad" - it just isn't as perfect or pretty); homemade split pea soup with crackers.

Suppers: One of the above that I didn't have for lunch that day; whole grain pasta with "lentil sauce" (think meat sauce but with lentils instead) and broccoli.

Snacks: popcorn, bananas, apples, banana bread

What is on your menu plan this week?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Dgflorida

Re: Thio Week's Menu - Keeping it Frugal and Healthy

Post by Dgflorida »

This is a great post. Thanks. This week's dinners will include a cup of broth, soup from simmered chicken parts on sale. In addition, homemade chili with on sale ground beef and on sale beans with on sale chili seasoning. The canned tomatoes with chili pepper was not on sale, 60c, but it is more tomatoes than the cheaper brand which is a lot of water. A portion of turkey for another meal. The turkey was free with a gift card that I got for attending a sales meeting on insurance. So free meat for 2-3 meat meals, portioned with vegetables. In addition, portions of papaya off my tree for a fruit portion. Our breakfast is always the same. 2 eggs and for hubs 2 slices of turkey bacon. Lunch is always lettuce based salad. Snack is a cheese portion, mid afternoon. Dinner is the only variation. We are just boring that way. But frugal and healthy.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I will post Friday and Saturdays meals as the rest of next week is not set down as of yet.

Friday will be tuna casserole for supper, lunch will more than likely be skipped as we will have had breakfast in the city or catch as catch can once we are home and settled in.

Saturday supper will be hamburgers, fries and salad. Lunch will more than likely be leftover casserole for me and eggs of some kind for Hubby.

I will do up my monthly menu when we get back and will post the rest of the week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

This week's menu. I am going to cook up one package of the cheap chicken breasts today before I go and buy more. Last day of the sale. I need to be sure it is worth the cost. I will make it Italian chicken. Then we will have to eat on the turkey breast in the refrigerator. Then hubs will finish up his chili. Usually, it only goes 2 meals, but I think he is eating less right now to get his weight down, so there will be a third meal of it for him. Wednesday, I expect to do Mexican ground beef with beans. Depends on how I feel after my eye injection for macular degeneration. Thursday and Friday will be whatever hubs wants. Maybe tuna fish for hubs. Me, leftovers of whatever is leftover.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I love seeing everyone else's menus! This week I am eating:

Breakfast - cold cereal with almond milk and banana, 1 slice whole grain toast with natural peanut butter, coffee.

Lunch - Two baked potatoes with vegetarian chili on top, two fresh clementines

Supper - Stir fry of my own creation using frozen broccoli, tofu and drained canned tomatoes (I save the juice from the tomatoes in the freezer to use in soup), canned pineapple.

Snacks this week - bananas, clementines, popcorn
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz