Jolly June Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Jolly June Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

This will be a no spend day. Which brings me to 3 for the month so far. Hoping for many more no spend days ahead.

Action Items for today

1. Finish quilt (should only take a small amount of time).

2. Sew shorts once quilt is completed.

3. Tidy living room, put things away so the installer has room to move.

4. Read instructions for new style face masks so that I can get sewing them next week (must make a prototype first as we do not like the ties and would much rather have the elastics).

5. Wash some fabric for my face masks (most of what I have cut out is male oriented).

AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Well....sadly I am still at 1 no spend day.

I really haven't spent a lot on any of the days, I just haven't had a chance to combine the trips to make it a one or two day spend.

I did however have a big spend yesterday, as I bought a new to me vehicle. It is a 2005 Honda CRV. It is replacing a 1999 CRV. I am praying that I have as good of luck with the new one as I did with the previous one.

I am hoping to make this weekend no spend. I picked up a few groceries today while I was out getting dog food, so I think we should be set.
Aunt Bridget

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Day 4 of no spending, it is raining and I don't plan on venturing very far at all.

Action items

1. Get the usual Saturday chores done quickly this morning.

2. Water the plants close to the house that were not lucky enough to benefit from the rain.

3. Sew shorts.

4. Work on knitting.

5. Text youngest DS and ask him to send a link to the type of small computer I would need to run things on my TV with.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Day 5 for no spending. Things seem to be going along just fine on that point. I am however keeping my fingers crossed that I did not jinx anything by typing that statement.

Now for action items, one of which is appearing for the third day in a row, perhaps more.

1. Sew shorts (see)

2. Make to do list for the week.

3. Make stock up list for the second wave of Covid to hit.

4. Rethread machine to sew the dress that is cut out.

5. Work on knitting (recurring theme, but it is done each day).

AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Did not leave the house yesterday or today, other than to put sun tea out.
So I'm at 3 days no spend for June.

Tomorrow will be spend as hubby has to go get oil change in his car, and I want to do some grocery shopping to fill in for our menus. Might also go to the laundry mat with a load of blankets and such to get them out on the line.

The last two days we have been purging.... I called about a dumpster and got put on a waiting list. Hubby is on vacation now, so I want to get as much as we can done now. Our recycling bin is overflowing, and we filled two large garbage bags.

With all of this stuff I'm getting rid of, I can't see myself wanting to buy anything to fill up the room we are gaining.
Aunt Bridget

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Like I said yesterday was no spend and considering the rain we are receiving right now today will be another. This will bring me to day 6 of no money leaving the bank accounts or our pockets. That will happen on Thursday (need to pick up a few items and get started stocking up for the second wave of the virus).

Action items for today

1. Get rather long list of household tasks completed.

2. Bake bread.

3. Try and get at least one crafty/sewing project done. (something I neglected yesterday when the wind died down and after I attended the protest).

4. Bake some sweets for the week.