My New Challenge - Earn $100 a Month Online

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: My New Challenge - Earn $100 a Month Online

Post by SandiSAHM »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:35 pm Okay friends, I'm rethinking this a little bit. Is making $100 a month online doable? YES, it is very doable - and it's not difficult in and of itself. Is it "doable" if I am to have adequate time for my reading, dog walking, crafting, "frugaling", etc.? Not as much...

I spend more than an hour and a half each evening walking my dogs (first one, then the other - can't take them together). I spend another hour making my supper and cleaning up from that. Add another hour for whatever household chores I'm going to do and preparing for the next day (pick out outfit, pack lunch, etc.).

More often than not I want a shower before bed - it really helps me to cool down so I can sleep - there's another 15 minutes for showering, brushing my teeth, combing out my hair.

So - I'm thinking I'm going to stick with $50 - at least that will pay for the cost of my internet - which is also my entertainment - crafting videos, free movies, etc. That will be good and still allow me to have time for other things - you know - have a life, lol.
You have got to be the most industrious person I know. Which I have to admit makes me feel like a slouch, so slow it down, will you? :lol:

I got to the part about an hour making and then cleaning up after dinner and thought... whaaaat?

When I was single, I cooked for the week on Sunday afternoon. Chili. A soup or two, a lasagna for the fridge to put in the oven mid-week, froze a 'prep' for the crock pot... whatever it was, there was either going to be enough of it and salad for the side to carry me through the week, or I prepped something for a mid-week carry-over (froze soup in individual serving size pyrex and rotated the stock, for variety). Once I cleaned the kitchen Sunday night, it was DONE for the week aside for a dish or two that took 1-2 minutes to clean. The only deviation was if I invited someone over for dinner. I even baked muffins or prepped oatmeal to take to work for 5 days. My mindset was that if I was going to work all day, when I got home I was NOT going to work anymore!

Now I have teenagers and DH in the house and while from time to time we get on a once-a-week or once-a-month craze (when DD was a baby, we did once-a-month for a while but the monotony got old so we do that rarely now) or a kid cooks and the other one cleans up or DH decides to play Chopped, I work evenings after I work part time days. There's cleaning up every day, whether it's me or someone else.

Hmm...DH and I probably need to have a talk, LOL, because he may not have figured out yet that when the kids are up and out, we're going back to once-a-week kitchen work unless there's a holiday or visitors or we just feel like having people over for dinner. Because I WILL re-retire :lol:
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

SandiSAHM wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:27 pm You have got to be the most industrious person I know. Which I have to admit makes me feel like a slouch, so slow it down, will you? :lol:

I got to the part about an hour making and then cleaning up after dinner and thought... whaaaat?

When I was single, I cooked for the week on Sunday afternoon. Chili. A soup or two, a lasagna for the fridge to put in the oven mid-week, froze a 'prep' for the crock pot... whatever it was, there was either going to be enough of it and salad for the side to carry me through the week, or I prepped something for a mid-week carry-over (froze soup in individual serving size pyrex and rotated the stock, for variety). Once I cleaned the kitchen Sunday night, it was DONE for the week aside for a dish or two that took 1-2 minutes to clean. The only deviation was if I invited someone over for dinner. I even baked muffins or prepped oatmeal to take to work for 5 days. My mindset was that if I was going to work all day, when I got home I was NOT going to work anymore!

Now I have teenagers and DH in the house and while from time to time we get on a once-a-week or once-a-month craze (when DD was a baby, we did once-a-month for a while but the monotony got old so we do that rarely now) or a kid cooks and the other one cleans up or DH decides to play Chopped, I work evenings after I work part time days. There's cleaning up every day, whether it's me or someone else.

Hmm...DH and I probably need to have a talk, LOL, because he may not have figured out yet that when the kids are up and out, we're going back to once-a-week kitchen work unless there's a holiday or visitors or we just feel like having people over for dinner. Because I WILL re-retire :lol:
LOL, I'm sure I make myself sound more industrious than I actually am. I do once-a-week cooking on Sundays - but more in the winter time. I keep cereal and almond milk at my work for breakfast "just in case" I don't have time for it at home. My work lunches are easy because we have a big frige and freezer at work where we can keep things - so if I don't bring leftovers from home, I know I have "something in the freezer" at work.

I'm officially "on vacation" until September 8th - so I'm taking tonight off from walking the dogs and I picked up a pizza for dinner - ***ahhhhhhh***
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:20 pm So - I have in the past attempted to earn $50 a month online - and it hasn't been too terribly difficult - one textbroker article can pay upwards of $20 and I do a lot of surveys that pay a dollar or two.

So NOW...I went and got Wi-Fi that costs $50 a month - so my NEW GOAL/CHALLENGE is to earn $100 a month - so I'm going to have to be more focused. I plan to designate 2 hours in the evening on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and 3 to 4 hours on the weekend to "working online".

So far for August, I have earned $2.00 on M-Turk and $1.00 in Amazon credit for doing a different survey (I count that) -- so $3 dollars.

I have had it with not being able to go to the library to do my online work. There are people who sit in their cars in the library parking lot and use the Wi-Fi - I found that uncomfortable - and just not a realistic option for me. BUT - I feel I have to double my goal to cover the Wi-Fi expense - which I find to be ridiculous - but it's also entertainment, helps me save money, etc.

Let's see if I can do this - no reason I can't if I FOCUS - and it beats getting a second job outside of the house - I am SO OVER that!!
Just wondering how this challenge is going for you? Are you managing to get your $100.00 a month?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:52 am Just wondering how this challenge is going for you? Are you managing to get your $100.00 a month?
Jackie, NO WAY! I am at $51.20 for October so far - $22.40 on MTurk and the rest between Product Report Card and Paid View Point - so it's not near my goal and not in one place. BUT - this more than pays for the cost of my internet - so I'm "sort of okay" with it.

This does not include MyPoints, I am working toward a PayPal payment from there. Also doesn't include Fetch Rewards, Checkout 51 and Ibotta - so probably another $12 or so in points and money - I haven't figured those out or separated them from September.

Edited to add: I don't have enough to "check out" from Paid View Point or Product Report Card - so do I count the money when it is earned or when I can check out? I haven't decided - what do you think?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:17 pm Jackie, NO WAY! I am at $51.20 for October so far - $22.40 on MTurk and the rest between Product Report Card and Paid View Point - so it's not near my goal and not in one place. BUT - this more than pays for the cost of my internet - so I'm "sort of okay" with it.

This does not include MyPoints, I am working toward a PayPal payment from there. Also doesn't include Fetch Rewards, Checkout 51 and Ibotta - so probably another $12 or so in points and money - I haven't figured those out or separated them from September.

Edited to add: I don't have enough to "check out" from Paid View Point or Product Report Card - so do I count the money when it is earned or when I can check out? I haven't decided - what do you think?
If you made the money this month I would count it. You did in fact earn it this month whether you can check out or not.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Happydaze; what types of surveys do you do on MTurk? I have the account set up but don"t know where to start. I have been doing surveys on Product Report Card, Paid View Point, Life Points and You Gov. I sometimes do Toluna but find myself getting kicked off more times than not.

Bev