Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Post by HappyDaze »

The credit card companies don't like it when you pay them off. The mail and emails are relentless, sending offers to try to get you to use your card - NOPE.

I've been "frugaling" this morning, paying bills, going over the budget. NO grocery shopping for the upcoming week - will be making meals and snacks from the pantry and freezer - very doable.

I do need to get cat food. Have been buying some pouches of food that are mostly gravy for the only cat that is "really mine" - my Kloey is 14 years old and starting to show her age and it's hard for her to eat the dry food.

Had the beagle/basset to the vet last week for her cough - which was all GONE by the time of her appointment and they couldn't find any reason for it - said that other than packing a few extra pounds (okay - 17) , she is very healthy - heart, lungs, etc. all good, $68 dollars please. We are cutting back on her food and treats (oh, the aggravation!) and upping her exercise - my daughter is taking her on an extra walk in the mornings, in addition to her evening walk. When we do the evening walks, instead of my daughter bringing her dog twice, we bring Lucy twice - so she is walking once with my lab and once with my daughter's dog - wears her right out but we have a goal of getting 10 lb. off her by the end of the summer. Thinking in terms of the whole 17 is just overwhelming.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

My daughter's birthday was a bit of extra expense - for the meal and a small gift - but she is more than worth it. Her BIG gift happens next weekend when we go on a surprise day trip/event.

Spent $10.50 at a yard sale on Friday, scoring a beautiful sheet set, 2 blankets and two clothing items for work.

DD and I are working hard on planting a garden - veggies and flowers, splitting the cost of anything we need to purchase.

Restoring a huge wicker shelf that I curb shopped - the same shelf new sells for several hundred dollars.

Continuing to aggressively pay off debt. Feeling good about everything overall.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I really enjoy your posts on this thread. Happy Birthday to your daughter.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:18 am I really enjoy your posts on this thread. Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Thank you Floridacat - I hope you have a blessed day!

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I am so glad your daughter is there with you.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:30 pm I am so glad your daughter is there with you.
Me too, Trees! She keeps me moving forward with things. Like, I got the female cats spayed and it tempts me to STOP and not get the males done. It's not even the expense that I mind - it's the time and the hassle of it - but she reminds me that it's necessary so they don't roam and create more litters of kittens who will suffer - and create even MORE litters of kittens who will suffer.

Charles M. Schultz