Ads on the Forum

New to the forum? Here are our rules, plus some tips to help you get started.
ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Ads on the Forum

Post by ErinHuffstetler »

Hi guys, we think we've pinpointed the issue that some of you were having with the ads interfering with posting. So hopefully you'll notice a difference today.

We don't run pop up ads of any sort on the site (because frankly I hate them as much as anyone). So, if you're still seeing pop ups today, it may actually be the result of using an ad blocker to try to circumvent ads. You may want to try turning your blocker off temporarily to see if the pop ups go away.

If I could afford to run the site and forum ad-free, I would, but those ads are necessary to keep the site going. They pay for the ever-increasing costs of running the website and support our family. My husband and I both work on this website full-time.
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com
BevMoore

Re: Ads on the Forum

Post by BevMoore »

Thank you Erin. I enjoy reading all the posts on here but feel like I should contribute also but cannot if my posts are going to vanish. I will keep trying.

Bev
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Erin -
I am sure no one here expects you to bear the cost of running the board. Thank you for providing this place for us. Hopefully this problems the others are having is fixed.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am ok. Do not seem to have the problems that some people are having. I do appreciate all that you and your DH do to keep this site going for us. I would miss this forum very much if we did not have it.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama