Daily Check In September 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In September 23, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is a nice cool morning and I wish I could enjoy it

Woke up with a runny nose, sinus headache and dry scratchy throat. Yuck. I guess I sleep with my mouth open and it gets so dry.

The mini cold front must have brought in something

Hope your daughter only has allergies Kitty.

Take care all.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I got my flu shot this morning. I was even given a lolly pop. I don’t think I have gotten one of those in years with shots. I did pick up the iron and vitamin C

I started a dress wash, I will hang to dry finish drying before I take a nap today.

I wanted a pumpkin bread mix but they were out. It is on this weeks ad. I will order it when I can get it. I printed a recipe for pumpkin bread I may make that. I will know how much pumpkin is in it.

I was able to finally get the ice off the bottom of my freezer.

I need to inventory my frozen vegetables, to see what I need to add to my list.

I have been looking at Advent Calendars for toddlers. I have seen some cute ones. I will need to think about it.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

DD is now not sure what is going on, a coworker called and a different co-worker thinks she has covid...DD said she slept hard from 7:30 PM until 5:00 AM . Woke up with jammies and bed clothes soaked with sweat.

Other members of the household wiping and spraying everything and everywhere. She is isolating as much as possible and said she thinks she feels somewhat better but just feels drained. Her face is swollen as in when she gets a severe allergy attack but not her airways. Mackie mentioned a nasty Autumnal flu and now I am hearing from others that we have it around here also.
She has changed and washed bedclothes and anything else she has touched...I told her to wash everything of hers separately and to put anything she has touched/used in a garbage bag until laundered. I told her to turn the heat on and open windows for air circulation.

Please continue praying , this DD never complains of sickness or pain...very high pain tolerance but this really scared her. It scared me also.

It is cold and rainy today, not going anywhere unless needed by DD. The county next to me is now in the red zone...
FloridaCat, I hope Pippi feels better soon...you are such a good pet momma and I know how hard it is to watch our fur-babies decline.

Stay safe
JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:53 am Hello all,

DD is now not sure what is going on, a coworker called and a different co-worker thinks she has covid...DD said she slept hard from 7:30 PM until 5:00 AM . Woke up with jammies and bed clothes soaked with sweat.

Other members of the household wiping and spraying everything and everywhere. She is isolating as much as possible and said she thinks she feels somewhat better but just feels drained. Her face is swollen as in when she gets a severe allergy attack but not her airways. Mackie mentioned a nasty Autumnal flu and now I am hearing from others that we have it around here also.
She has changed and washed bedclothes and anything else she has touched...I told her to wash everything of hers separately and to put anything she has touched/used in a garbage bag until laundered. I told her to turn the heat on and open windows for air circulation.

Please continue praying , this DD never complains of sickness or pain...very high pain tolerance but this really scared her. It scared me also.

It is cold and rainy today, not going anywhere unless needed by DD. The county next to me is now in the red zone...
FloridaCat, I hope Pippi feels better soon...you are such a good pet momma and I know how hard it is to watch our fur-babies decline.

Stay safe
JCKitty
Praying your DD just has something seasonal. My son is a voice over artist and also teaches that at our state university. Three kids in one of his classes have breakthrough cases. I worry ever single day. A walk in urgent care will have way fewer people if your DD doesn't want to go to a hospital to be tested. I hate this virus too.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:44 am I got my flu shot this morning. I was even given a lolly pop. I don’t think I have gotten one of those in years with shots. I did pick up the iron and vitamin C

I started a dress wash, I will hang to dry finish drying before I take a nap today.

I wanted a pumpkin bread mix but they were out. It is on this weeks ad. I will order it when I can get it. I printed a recipe for pumpkin bread I may make that. I will know how much pumpkin is in it.

I was able to finally get the ice off the bottom of my freezer.

I need to inventory my frozen vegetables, to see what I need to add to my list.

I have been looking at Advent Calendars for toddlers. I have seen some cute ones. I will need to think about it.

Penny
I love that you were given a lolly pop! Why not?
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:42 am Good morning friends.

I’m going to go to mom’s house and do something. I may get out the Japanese saw and cut some limbs off the ligustrum in the back yard. Plus I have a big limb I never cut up. It is harder without having someone to hold it.

Pippi does not seem to be herself. I don’t think she’s in pain and she ate a good breakfast but she is very quiet. It may be almost time for her to cross the rainbow bridge but I’ve thought that before and she rebounded.

Like Clem I’ve been having weird dreams and had one last night. That’s what woke me up this morning. It involved one of my favorite former cars, 1976 Ford Mustang, which I sold to a co-worker back in the 1980s.

Have a good day.
Hugs for Pippi. And you.