Daily Check In September 25, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In September 25, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

ownedbydogs wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:19 am Woke up at 2am and didn’t get back to sleep until 430. Got up 730 and got all animals fed. Have had a attack of diverticulitis this week. Dr called in a prescription and it has helped. Been busy trying to get house in shape . We are having a simple memorial for my daughter tomorrow here. Just a family meal with all her favorite things to eat. We have made a display of her urn and pictures. I choose her urn in purple, her favorite color, with a humming bird and iris. Found it on Amazon. Everyone enjoy your day .
Your memorial sounds just right. I will be thinking of you.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:07 pm Good morning, frugal friends. I slept like I'd had knockout drops last night. Really needed the rest.

DH and I had a conversation this morning about getting various of our worn body parts worked on. We are going to stage his cataracts, my knee shots, and my hearing aids so that we don't wind up in a pile of medical debt again.

I also told him I feel bad that I don't get more done during the week around the house, but my batteries are flat by the time I get home. He said he used to feel that way, but no more, as time to have supper and decompress is more important. Thank goodness we are not messy people or we'd be living in squalor because he and I are so tired by the time evening comes.

This brought to you by getting old is not for sissies. :-D

This weekend I have regular chores and need to do a bit of deep cleaning. Our SIL is coming to visit next weekend and bringing her boyfriend, who turns his nose up at things. We try to overlook this because he makes her happy.

Owned, your celebration of your daughter's life sounds so so sweet and happy. A good memorial should be something the deceased would have enjoyed too, I have always thought.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie...I think the reason you are so tired is that you work SO hard. Your job is so demanding.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:41 pm Update:

Got word this early afternoon, son in law has tested positive, so far only slight headache and cough...no fever. Older grands all negative. Everyone isolating in their own rooms with their electronics or outside in the sun and fresh air. Paper plates, and plastic utensils are used and pitched. Everyone is wiping and sanitizing ... I would bet he has been positive since DD ...she didn't know she had been exposed until it was too late ...same bedroom of course.

They have plenty of supplies and if anything is needed I will get it and deliver to their doorstep.
Son in law has had a slight headache since day one of DD being sick but...he has migraine and thought that what what he was dealing with.

It is boring not to be able to see and be with my family...but I know it is for the best.
I have heard our stores locally are experiencing shortages...it may be that people are getting scared and are hoarding, don't know.

JCKitty
Hope your son in law has a very mild case and is better soon.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

A friend's wife was taken off life support today.She had been on a vent for over a month. Another covid death. It is all so horrible and sad.
Please God let this virus be defeated.
Stay safe everyone.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:29 pm A friend's wife was taken off life support today.She had been on a vent for over a month. Another covid death. It is all so horrible and sad.
Please God let this virus be defeated.
Stay safe everyone.
:( OMG - isn't this just so awful. When will this all end!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:13 pm :( OMG - isn't this just so awful. When will this all end!!
It is all so tragic. Stay safe Clem.