Daily Check In May 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In May 28, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I got up around 7:30 am today. I spent half the night coughing away. I'm just praying that the full-blown case of bronchitis stays away. After my coffee and the heat going by my bronchia, the coughing relaxed a bit. I am now having some iced tea I started last night. It's quite decent but I didn't need to use 4 t-bags. I hope it doesn't bother my tummy.

I have to go to the bank today and the grocery store. I'll hit the grocery store before the bank. I'm only picking up a few items as I don't feel spunky enough to haul much home and/or drag out my grocery rolly polly. I just don't feel like hauling it up the big hill.

I got my dishwasher almost all the way loaded up. I'll run it after supper tonight. I'm not certain what that will be though. I'd like to pick up a few items for Monday, hot dogs, potato salad for certain!

I figure leaving the house today, and wearing my mask everywhere I go(!!) is as much as I can handle. After I finish this glass of iced tea, I am going for a nap before heading out for those few grocery items.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Did my little grocery shopping

Just needed milk, but also bought "fresh" mozzarella cheese. Want to eat that with my ripened homegrown tomatoes and the daily avocado - lol

Then had to get ice cream. I hadn't had that in a while. I used to eat ice cream all the time. I had some yesterday and the craving has continued. Got some chocolate bars and strawberry ice cream.

Not sure what I will have for supper - besides the tomato and cheese

I am sad to say that the last two local places I tried were terrible. And it is food that people rave about. The stuff I had yesterday was just way too salty. And the stuffed potato thing I ordered was bad too. Potato was still too hard. I like my "baked" potatoes very soft. The brisket they stuffed it with was too sweet.

Thank goodness I had a great breakfast on Wednesday and an awesome sub sandwich on Thursday.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, many people who like bad local food have palates corrupted by too much salt, sugar and grease.

We are home from the cat foster's house with our new kitty. She is so sweet! Right now she is hiding under a table in the laundry room where it's safe and quiet. She is really beautiful: a lovely tortie mix of gray, cream and peach, and has greeny-dark gold eyes.

We just have to give her time to get adjusted to a new place. I think she will fit in fine.

I rushed around and got my two sewing projects done before we left to get the kitty. Now I think I am ready for a nap!
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:15 pm Clem, many people who like bad local food have palates corrupted by too much salt, sugar and grease.

We are home from the cat foster's house with our new kitty. She is so sweet! Right now she is hiding under a table in the laundry room where it's safe and quiet. She is really beautiful: a lovely tortie mix of gray, cream and peach, and has greeny-dark gold eyes.

We just have to give her time to get adjusted to a new place. I think she will fit in fine.

I rushed around and got my two sewing projects done before we left to get the kitty. Now I think I am ready for a nap!
And the portions are huge! My sister ordered the child's burger and heck that thing was the size of the average adult burger - lol.

The thing I ordered could serve 3 people. I decided to try it cuz the reviews sounded good. Some people ate it everyday - omg - how?

Now when they have fish - it is good - but that is not on the regular menu.
elsi

Post by elsi »

Happy Saturday, everyone. It was such a busy week that I didn't find time to check in any of the daily posts. I enjoyed reading through them today -- it's nice to see what's going on with each of you.

Today, while I woke up at 7:30, I decided I'd read in bed instead of getting dressed and moving out to the main part of the house. So my first *productive* activity was fixing lunch. I've got so much produce in my fridge right now that I skipped the co-op this week. And I decided to make a big romaine salad with cucumber and tomato for lunch. I tossed it with homemade Italian dressing -- and my dressing was made with homemade apple scrap vinegar! I finished off the honeydew melon and added a few blueberries for color.

I'm thinking I'll make a spinach & mushroom alfredo for supper. That will finish off the mushrooms and use up more than half of the remaining spinach. I need to cut up celery & carrots into sticks and I think I'll shred a couple of carrots to make carrot & raisin (or cranberry) salad. Hmmm... I have some pineapple that needs to be used up. Maybe I'll put some of that into the carrot salad as well.

I bought an embroidery pattern online a couple of weeks ago, intending to participate in the May Stitch-a-long sponsored by the pattern designer. But, I just didn't get around to it. So today I'm going to put my fabric (cut from an old tea towel that I inherited from my mother-in-law) into a hoop and trace the pattern onto it. Then, I intend to spend at least an hour a day stitching. I have a ton of embroidery floss filed away in my craft room. I used to do a lot of cross-stitch, but stopped at some point because I was just so uncomfortable. I discovered that the discomfort was due to the fact that I needed bi-focals, but by then I had replaced that hobby with another one. (Other than reading, I can't seem to support more than one hobby at a time!)
Elsi in Texas
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

So the rain arrived a bit ago. It cooled things down quickly. It has now stopped but the sky is still very overcast, so we will be getting more very soon.

I don't think I will go to the birthday party for my friend and her husband. It is just miserable and since the gathering is outside, down muddy country roads that I dislike driving on I think staying home is the best idea. Also not feeling quite right.

I have supper warming on the stove and now need to set the table.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/