Daily Check In July 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In July 7, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, I am so glad you are feeling better. (((HUGS)))

I had an early morning appointment as a new patient at DH's dermatologist for a mole check and to get a few funny spots looked at. Turned out everything was benign and fine. Always staying out of the sun is paying off now. It took what felt like forever to be seen, after a long drive there. On the way out of the office complex, I realized the area looked familiar up the road, went that way instead and discovered there was a much shorter way with very little traffic that the directions had not shown. So that was a nice win.

I stayed up too late last night reading a library copy of "Flat Broke with Two Goats" by Jennifer McGaha, which is the author's memoir of losing their house during the Great Recession, finding out her husband had not paid their income taxes in years, and moving into a derelict cabin in North Carolina while they dealt with getting their lives straightened out.

A lot of the book was quite entertaining, but they made some expensive mistakes with the goats and her early story of her first husband being a violent abuser was terrifying. I'd love to know how things ultimately worked out with their debts, which were a cautionary tale about being swallowed up by lifestyle creep.

I hope everyone has a good day and stays cool. It's going to be another scorcher here, although yesterday's rain helped a bit.
Mackie

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I am feeling 1000% better than yesterday.

I have stripped the bed and have the sheets in the washer. I am also washing the mattress pad today. The clean mattress pad is on the bed along with the clean bottom sheet. I washed my hair.

Breakfast was oatmeal, some mixed nuts, and coffee.

I have put away my cutting board etc., that was on top of my laundry sorter.

I did very little yesterday. I was just not feeling up to it. I did unload the dishwasher and dish drainer. I washed the hand dishes. I also washed the towels, but left them in the dryer.

Today I folded them an put them away. I finished my granddaughter's tote bag. Folded and put away several loads of wash.

Penny

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:56 am
I am feeling 1000% better than yesterday.

I have stripped the bed and have the sheets in the washer. I am also washing the mattress pad today. The clean mattress pad is on the bed along with the clean bottom sheet. I washed my hair.

Breakfast was oatmeal, some mixed nuts, and coffee.

I have put away my cutting board etc., that was on top of my laundry sorter.

I did very little yesterday. I was just not feeling up to it. I did unload the dishwasher and dish drainer. I washed the hand dishes. I also washed the towels, but left them in the dryer.

Today I folded them an put them away. I finished my granddaughter's tote bag. Folded and put away several loads of wash.

Penny
Penny, even though you are often in pain, you get a lot done, both chores and sewing/crafts.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Had a nice little breakfast. Now home and trying to decide what I will get done today.

There was a little drama this morning. Well it started since yesterday. Got a phone call from nephew's wife. Ill siblings DIL. She was at the house and wondering where some little sugar bowl was. I don't know. And who has keys to the house. She knows I do.

I had keys made after an episode several years ago of siblings first attack. We wanted to make sure we could get to her. And also to feed her pets etc when she was in the hospital. She knew.

Anyway she wanted the sugar bowl back. Other sibling had it. The daughter had given it to her last week.

Anyway we took it back this morning. Got to the house and there was a big note on the door saying "stay out"

Well I hope they continue feeding the dogs. I tell you that DIL had not seen her MIL in about a year and now all of a sudden she is large and in charge? Oh well see you later. :mrgreen:

Sibling that had been given the sugar bowl was the main one that was taking ill sibling to her appointments. Sad.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, sadly, that is how it goes. I hope the dogs do not wind up having to come live with Aunt Clem.
Mackie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:52 pm
Clem, sadly, that is how it goes. I hope the dogs do not wind up having to come live with Aunt Clem.
I do have two of their siblings already. They didn't get the mom pup spayed in time.

They said they were going to take them in.

yea strange how we would do things to help them with ill sibling and now all of a sudden we are told to Stay Out.