Wall Street Journal on consumer worries

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Wall Street Journal on consumer worries

Post by MackerelCat »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:11 pm We always have bananas on hand. :D
We used to when DS was little, but he and I burned out on them. The dogs like them when they are good and ripe. I just slice them and hand them around.
Mackie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:34 pm My last bananas were bought using a store coupon where you could get up to 4 pounds free. I got over four and a half pounds and they didn't charge me anything for them.

I usually say that free food tastes better - not the case with bananas, lol.

I won't get them again unless they are in fact FREE and I will only consume them in a smoothie. I am probably irritating everyone with my tirades about how much I hate bananas - but I hate them THAT much.
you hate bananas like I hate broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:11 pm That is so sad. Me, I hate bananas - but I know they are a "cheap" staple for a lot of families with kids. Even when my kids were little, a banana could be part of any of the 3 daily meals or a snack.
Hey Fellow Banana hater. My Mom has said that I was the only baby who ever spit bananas back out at her.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I like them firm but can only have a half at a time and very limited.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:11 pm That is so sad. Me, I hate bananas - but I know they are a "cheap" staple for a lot of families with kids. Even when my kids were little, a banana could be part of any of the 3 daily meals or a snack.
I absolutely LOVE bananas and I LOVE Macintosh apples too. I'm never without them. I go through about 9 pounds of apples a month and pretty close to that with bananas, but then half of it is peel. Can't get enough of fresh peaches either YUM.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:15 am I absolutely LOVE bananas and I LOVE Macintosh apples too. I'm never without them. I go through about 9 pounds of apples a month and pretty close to that with bananas, but then half of it is peel. Can't get enough of fresh peaches either YUM.
Love the white flesh peaches - can't wait for peach season! Oh and of course strawberries.