Daily Check In June 1, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In June 1, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning all

Jackie, it generally is not whether you live in oil or gas country, but how close you live to the actual refineries. I live in Texas where the refineries are literally right here right of the coast, so gas is cheaper here than almost anywhere I can go.

Sheila, I am sorry to hear about the job. Age discrimination exists unfortunately and I think is really hard to prove. I know I experienced and so did my sister. keep socking it away and looking for something part time and I know it will show up. Or perhaps sometime in the future your current job might let you go part time?

Penny, Have a lovely birthday whatever you do

MJ, I am thinking for you today.

I just got up here at nine am. but I went to be a midnight and woke up so that is okay. A friend invited me to lunch cause this one restaurant has baked potato day on Thursday but I honestly I not think I will make it.

Since I no longer have sports options on my streaming I do plan to go to a local pub and watch the basketball game today. I don't know that I will watch every singe one, but I need to watch my nuggets.

I also need just a couple groceires to get me though the weekend. I am out of coke and muffins (I always just buy four at a time so I know that they are fresh instead of multiple packs but I usually eat one a day). Also mixed vegetables to add to my chicken casserole.

Other than that I will be sewing and crafting away, and possibly hitting to pool this afternoon to work out a bit, cold water still or no.

Have a lovely day, back later.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:32 am Happy Birthday, Penny!

Clem, is today your birthday, too, or is is tomorrow? Happy Birthday, Clem!

Today is also my grandmother’s birthday.
Happy Birthday to your grandmother.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Happy birthday to all that celebrate,
I slept good and have been running hard since getting up. Today was the appointment for the electrical work/filter changes at dads house and mine, plus the pick up of scrap.
I feel like a hamster on a wheel today....but at least things are getting done.

Sheila, sorry about the job. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the other person doesn't stay/work out and they call you back....

My allergies are off the chart today, have taken my meds but sneezing and coughing are breaking thru...

I have one more "business" tele call to make and deal with. Hopefully I can then start and finish the house chores.
Off to see what I can get done. MJ, hope you are feeling less "bruised" today.
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am tired I woke up about 6:30 this morning. But compared to yesterday doing much better.

I have had a busy morning, I did a dress wash, the dresses are hanging in the bathroom. I baked my Birthday cake. I used a Duncan Hines Easy cake kit.

I went down to get my mail that I was too tired to do yesterday. While I was down there I looked at my compressor. Mine is now the only original one there.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes.

Happy Birthday to Clem for Tomorrow.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

casadekitty wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:57 am Hello all,

Happy birthday to all that celebrate,
I slept good and have been running hard since getting up. Today was the appointment for the electrical work/filter changes at dads house and mine, plus the pick up of scrap.
I feel like a hamster on a wheel today....but at least things are getting done.

Sheila, sorry about the job. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the other person doesn't stay/work out and they call you back....

My allergies are off the chart today, have taken my meds but sneezing and coughing are breaking thru...

I have one more "business" tele call to make and deal with. Hopefully I can then start and finish the house chores.
Off to see what I can get done. MJ, hope you are feeling less "bruised" today.
JCKitty
oh yes - she might still get the job after all!!