Daily Check in Nov 11, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
frugalmom

Re: Daily Check in Nov 11, 2017

Post by frugalmom » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 pm

That does not seem fair to the higher grade earners though. I was a straight A student for the most part and I would not like that. I guess it would be better for my dd in this case,but imho I think it should be what you get is what you get. Maybe he is doing that bc most of the class got bad grades and they said it was the first time in their history of that class that most of the students failed and they don't know why!? I am thinking well maybe you are not teaching it right or maybe bc you are giving them tests that you tell them to study and barely any questions are from that and only from one lecture you barely reviewed that most of the questions were from that! But what do I know I guess-it has been a long time since I have been in college and I don;t think I can do it nowadays with my brain these days!

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:04 pm

My DH was in a class and he got an "A", but most of the class failed the class, they lowered the passing grade to the 30%. They took DH out of the curve. :(

IC

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm

icfrugal1 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:04 pm
My DH was in a class and he got an "A", but most of the class failed the class, they lowered the passing grade to the 30%. They took DH out of the curve. :(

IC
Then your DH was really lucky. I had a 96% on a chem test in my second year of classes, and because the rest of the class did so poorly the prof marked on the curve. My mark dropped to the mid 80's. I was not a happy camper and protested my grade. Did get it raised a bit, but not by much.