Daily Check in November 19th, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check in November 19th, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning off to get a cup of the coffee that is ready. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in November 19th, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am back, coffee in hand and making fewer typing areas as my fingers warm up and the coffee enters the blood stream.

It is fairly warm already this morning and for once there are no clouds covering our beautiful pink and purple sunrise. I think that today is going to be a fantastic one. At least I hope it is.

I have the usual Sunday chores which will be completed before we leave for Mass, and of course the "Quilt of many colours (as Hubby calls it)" to work on today. I want to at least get the top finished and perhaps (big perhaps here) get the backing and batting ready to go for tomorrow (if I get some time on my big chore day I will sandwich the layers together).

This might give me some time to get three pairs of Erin's handwarmers at least up to the fill with rice stage.

Other then those items things will be as usual on a Sunday on the old homestead. Hubby will be downstairs watching the Eastern Final and cheering our Saskatchewan Roughriders on to victory (hopefully, we did beat them twice this year) against the Toronto Argonauts. If the team wins this one they meet whoever wins the west division. Why is Saskatchewan playing in the East you may ask? Well we are the crossover team this year. I don't really understand how it works, all I know is that the 3rd place team in the west gets to cross to the east if their record is better than the 3rd place team in that division. Heck this year our record was better than even Toronto who finished first in the that Division. No crossover team has ever represented the East for the Grey Cup, but this year our team is going to try and change that.

Well I have lists to make and chores to complete today so I better get moving. It is going to be a frugal day here.

Supper tonight will be some leftover turkey made into a casserole. Would be our usual roast meal except for it being football and Hubby needing to be able to carry his meal downstairs.

Today I am grateful that the break in our dreaded winter weather is holding for another day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Morning Jackie and Everyone,

The day is already ticking away and I have so much to do! -- yet here I sit! I will feel more motivated after a shower - and more coffee.

I just ordered a new frige online - it had to be done and I have been putting it off. My old one - came with the house - is very old, inefficient and leaking all over the floor. And truth be told, it is a "side by side" - which I cannot stand. I will be happy to be rid of it, although I did not want to spend this money!

Speaking of money, I have an article to finish and submit today - that will be the first order of business once I "get around".

I am off to "get with it" - everyone have a good Sunday.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Thanks for starting us Jackielou. Florida, you are in my thoughts. Sympathy to you.

Today is the day I wrestle with 2 turkeys, debone, freeze the meat and make soup. I need to do the soup today because tomorrow am is the last garbage pick up for a week. Best if the bones are gone. We will eat a bit differently today as well. We will have dinner for lunch and soup for dinner. So salmon and rice for lunch.

Today should be a no spend day. It will be 8 no spend days. I had figured on 15, but I won't make it. I expect to spend on Wed or Thursday am before grocery stores close for the holiday. I will get the last minute things. At least that is the plan.

I did a more intense cardio workout yesterday and I was pleased with the one pound I lost weight wise. Probably, I will regain it this week, but that is ok. The increased strength and endurance will stay. I have raised the incline on the treadmill to 10. I think it goes to 12 or 14. I need it to get my heart rate into the high 130's. I can walk fast, but with my trick knee and bad hip, no increased speed in my future. I didn't do any weights because I was still a tiny bit sore. Next gym visit, I will get back on the weights. Increasing my protein has been challenging, but necessary to build muscles.

The office area where the computer is will become military son's bedroom when he arrives on Thursday. So some things will get moved around as I put out the stored extra bed. I told hubs to scan and print anything he wants to do for the next 10 days, today. Those accessories will be moved from their current location and probably unplugged.

Today looks like a good day for hubs shower. He went back on his pain meds and is now walking with a cane rather than needing the chair. With his shower comes a change in his bedding, so laundry tomorrow. Day is predicted to be clear.

Well, off to get started on the turkeys. Have a good day everyone.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I know what you mean 2dogs about old refrigerators. I have one that was here when we returned to our previously rented house. I don't like it, but it runs and doesn't leak too much. I just bought a new front door. $1200.00 installed :o and I bought a cheap one. Ouch. Hopefully, it will be the last one I ever buy!

With the 3k for Irma hurricane damage and the $1200 door plus a new needed roof on the house, shed and awning and a new washing machine(old one died), my spend money is tapped out for the year by a lot! I plan on a new front window next year. That will be probably $3k, but more likely 5K. It would be nice if hubs stays out of the ER too. A new refrigerator is way down the list. But I am happy for you. Congrats.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning. Very windy here and my plan to get the yard looking nice blew away. I will bag leaves anyway since there is a weekly pickup Tuesday. I sorted things for the donation pickup Tuesday as well. DH is not on board with de-cluttering so it is not as much as I would like, still some cubic feet of "stuff" will be gone.

DH agreed to quiche tonight so I avoided the grocery store. I will go to the garden and see if the lettuce recovered from the mice damage last weekend.

Monday and Tuesday will be busy with dog club meeting Monday night and the disaster response teams monthly meeting Tuesday night. I am off work Wednesday-Sunday. Brother decided for me to come again next Saturday, so I don't need to help with his yard sale Friday. He will probably be tired the next day but still working on clearing his house for sale.

Everyone have a good week.