Daily Check in Dec 7, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check in Dec 7, 2017

Post by rinty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Bah humbug or happy holidays ? :shock:

KInd of a mix of the two here. There are a million things to do and somehow still lots to buy present wise. Yes theres cash in the Christmas pot to buy them but still.

Had a senior moment when I realised I had bought DSIL the EXACT same gift as last year ( OH< C'MON ) wild irritation. She would notice as well, sigh.

Craft day was nice , I had " made" up some kits to make Christmas cards and everyone made several, last one til new year. Its one of the bright spots for me each week.

I have not written a single Christmas card, not helped by losing my address book when I went on holiday so Merry Christmas to all here cos I now have no ones address !

DH has been doing the Christmas baking, we have LOTS of Christmas outings all weekend and through into next week.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:41 pm

good morning,

BB walked, breakfast had.

a small fluffy dog followed us for a while, I don't know if it is homeless or has "escaped" it looks fed, but a bit dirty. If it had followed us all home I would have fed it and taken it to my vet to see if it had a chip. Between you and me I was just as happy that it stopped following us. we DO NOT need another dog, and we certainly don't need a high maintenance dog.

We got our first Dog, Dog 10 years ago 12/10/2007, he followed us for 2 miles and I accidentally carried him home. I did put up flyers and checked for a chip before keeping him. We had no idea that we needed a dog, he was the light of our lives.

I received a wonderful e-mail from my step sister, she received the bread and cookies and was very pleased. 8-)

IC

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Dgflorida wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:19 am
ICfrugal, I saw your replies. I am thinking a brace might help, but he needs to see a qualified doctor on the matter and right now, he is doctored out. He has decided that he will try to walk in a different pair of shoes. So I need to let him go through his personal evaluations first.

Regarding the IRA transfers, I don't think we have that much either, but we will see. Logic has described a different tax situation than I read, so we will have to see which one is right in the end. As the Washington Post pointed out yesterday, there is a bit of political posturing and misrepresentation of facts going on right now. There is no personal jet exemption, for example. It is a shame that truth and honesty is no longer valued.
I understand "man logic" DH was talking about knee braces and about asking his Dr about them when we received a call that his Dr had made arrangements for them.

DH is reaching a point where he can walk very short distances with just the knee braces and no cane or walker. A few feet !!! He would not be able to do it without the braces, They may be a lifetime thing but ...

they are called knee braces, but they end before his knees they are attached to shoes and go up to a bit under the knee. They are strengthening his back.

IC

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:59 pm

Kitty, Good news that your dad’s dog is better. I will keep him in my prayers.

I’m back home from mom’s house. I did do some yard cleanup and got the big can plus an extra bag out to the curb. When I got there it looked like rain was imminent but it held off.

The mail lady is so nice. She found me in the back yard to give me a piece of mail and the envelope from the Post Office confirming the change of address.

Have a good evening.

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm glad the dog is doing better also.
Things are slowly being organized at new job. I have free gym access but security card won't let me into the garage yet. I printed a new health insurance card and ordered my prescription refill and got confirmation it was shipped. Learning all the new systems is mentally tiring.

I received a $17 coupon from Kohl's (may be 17th anniversary of my credit card) that can be used beginning Sunday. Need to think of who needs a gift and what.

Have a good evening and stay warm.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:31 pm

It's snowing in south Texas. Not here though
IMG_0205.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.