Daily check in Dec 15, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in Dec 15, 2017

Post by floridacatlover »

icfrugal1 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:55 pm are you ever so mad at someone that you can't even remember why ?

I am so mad at DH.

He had a very bad day yesterday, his BS was high in the morning when it was measured, he took some insulin.

He went with me to the rental, I was driving and he hates it when I drive, but if I drive then he can wear his knee braces and use his cane. On the trip up he spent it telling me how to drive, "you are to close to this car that car, should be in another lane etc."

After the inspection (Terimix) we drove to a nice cafe for a sandwich, then the trip home.

The traffic was very bad on the way home, no surprise, any way DH started saying that he was sick, he said that he was car sick, he DOES get car sick. I got off the freeway and he rested for a while and I took back streets home.

earlier in the day I had been invited to my neighbors 6th grade play. The family is so nice and I adore the 6th grader, I made it to the play just in time and had a good time.

I had been driving,with my bad hip, for over 3 hours, so after I parked the car I was really limping. :roll: A couple of kids, as I was walking up to the auditorium started walking like me, making fun of me. :cry: They stopped because I was looking at them. Who does that????? This morning I told DH that I thought that it was because the tRump had given them permission, remember tRump making fun of the news man? DH started giving me an earful of why that was not true, I told him that I was not going to listen to him. DH thinks that it's because kids have no manners, true, but I do feel the tRump has given permission for that kind of behavior.

So long story short I got home and DH was sick, we tested his BS and his meter couldn't even measure it, that means that it was over 600. He took some insulin and we measured first every 1/2 for a few hours then the last measurement after midnight, DH asked me to stay in the family room last night so I did. I was sleeping up stories since I found the web site that DH had joined a few months ago.

I had to give BB her last walk about 12:30am last night because I couldn't leave DH along for awhile.

Today, I have to give BB her afternoon walk at 2pm because I need to leave at 3pm to get to the Dr for my blood infusion. The infusion will take at least 2 hours, I'll be home late.

I told DH not to come with me. At this point I may be cutting off my nose to spite my face. I had a phone attp from one of the Dr today and I didn't have DH on the line, normally I do. I don't understand medical stuff. Oh well.

I have arranged for DH and his sister to meet for a late lunch tomorrow, I don't want to go. I would like them to try to get some closeness,

IC

Thank you all for listening. :roll:
IC,

(((Hugs)))

I somewhat understand what you go through because my dad was very mean to my mom at times. Like you, she stayed with him and she loved him.

Take care of yourself. Put on some relaxing or holiday music and maybe have a glass of wine.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey

I second FCL comments to you ICFrugal, bless you.

No Spend last day at school. No lunches all this week either, we had a snow day on Monday then a Munch and Mingle that we've been eating leftovers from all week together with the sweets parents have sent in.

Quite a haul of gifts from students which was a surprise as I work with one SEN student really. One was a set of mini choc gingerbread men............the PERFECT way to decorate the chocolate trifle for the Family Party this Sunday.

We have had a couple of new recipes this week that have been keepers, One was Mexican soup in the slow cooker. it was made with chicken breasts and a LOT of sweetcorn. Very nice and nice to not have a tomato based chili type thing. We used a whole chicken cos COST EFFECTIVE, and made fried chicken with the rest of it a few days later.

Still down two grandchildren gifts, one is genuinely a case of he literally has everything. He may well just get money in his savings account. The other wanted a particular gift and I cannot find it in her size so again , she may get a raincheck.

I have sucked it up and will be joining weight watchers come January. I am just so tired and breathless, tonight I had planned to drive to meet someone after work but just couldn't. My feet were swollen, I was knackered. So drove home instead, di dthe weeks washing then fell into deep sleep for several hours. BLISS,

Tomorrow is getting ready for the party........gammon ( ham )turkey and sausagemeat stuffing, red cabbage with apples and onions, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, homemade rolls, gravy, savoury nibbly bits for the picky grandbabies, cheese and biscuits and four desserts. I am making two, the millionaire caramel shortbread with malteser reindeer and the chocolate trifle.

I am sensing leftovers in next weeks future...........

For any catholics Mass was LOVELY but also a bit like taking your own children when they are being GITS. :shock: What with excitement and WAY TOOO MUCH SUGAR all week they didn't win any awards for good behaviour. I had to confiscate things for crying out loud !!!!

" Taylor-Chardonnay-Lettice, is that how behave in church ???? " etc, etc " Declan, I won't tell you again, put that down !"

And REPEAT. No wonder I needed a sleep , it was like when the kids little but having 30 of 'em.

Also got the ironing done so feel happy about being able to hit the ground running tomorrow so we can be relaxed on Sunday morning
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Rinty,
I love red cabbage,haven't had it since hubby died,he was the only other one that liked it:)
Enjoy!! And Merry Christmas. ..
rinty

Post by rinty »

Merry Christmas to you too ! Oh, make up a pot of red cabbage :) , its very affordable and just so nice and it goes with so many things...........cheap cuts of pork, chicken or turkey. Making it in the slow cooker is the best way as it simmers away for hours smelling FAB and cooking down til its as sticky as jam,

I got a big head of red cabbage for 59p here, don't know what it costs where you are ?
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:25 pm Hey

I second FCL comments to you ICFrugal, bless you.

No Spend last day at school. No lunches all this week either, we had a snow day on Monday then a Munch and Mingle that we've been eating leftovers from all week together with the sweets parents have sent in.

Quite a haul of gifts from students which was a surprise as I work with one SEN student really. One was a set of mini choc gingerbread men............the PERFECT way to decorate the chocolate trifle for the Family Party this Sunday.

We have had a couple of new recipes this week that have been keepers, One was Mexican soup in the slow cooker. it was made with chicken breasts and a LOT of sweetcorn. Very nice and nice to not have a tomato based chili type thing. We used a whole chicken cos COST EFFECTIVE, and made fried chicken with the rest of it a few days later.

Still down two grandchildren gifts, one is genuinely a case of he literally has everything. He may well just get money in his savings account. The other wanted a particular gift and I cannot find it in her size so again , she may get a raincheck.

I have sucked it up and will be joining weight watchers come January. I am just so tired and breathless, tonight I had planned to drive to meet someone after work but just couldn't. My feet were swollen, I was knackered. So drove home instead, di dthe weeks washing then fell into deep sleep for several hours. BLISS,

Tomorrow is getting ready for the party........gammon ( ham )turkey and sausagemeat stuffing, red cabbage with apples and onions, cauliflower cheese, sprouts, homemade rolls, gravy, savoury nibbly bits for the picky grandbabies, cheese and biscuits and four desserts. I am making two, the millionaire caramel shortbread with malteser reindeer and the chocolate trifle.

I am sensing leftovers in next weeks future...........

For any catholics Mass was LOVELY but also a bit like taking your own children when they are being GITS. :shock: What with excitement and WAY TOOO MUCH SUGAR all week they didn't win any awards for good behaviour. I had to confiscate things for crying out loud !!!!

" Taylor-Chardonnay-Lettice, is that how behave in church ???? " etc, etc " Declan, I won't tell you again, put that down !"

And REPEAT. No wonder I needed a sleep , it was like when the kids little but having 30 of 'em.

Also got the ironing done so feel happy about being able to hit the ground running tomorrow so we can be relaxed on Sunday morning
I well remember those days of Mass with 30 children high on excitment and sugar. We always did a Christmas meal after the Mass and you could smell the turkey cooking, it about drove the kids to a frenzy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/