Daily Check in Jan 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Jan 12, 2018

Post by MackerelCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Yesterday was so pleasant I drove part of the way home with the car window down. Today the temperature dropped like a stone and it was snowing on the way home. Crazy weather!

I cleaned and organized the office at work today, using some shelves we had in the attic of our building and other things gathered from nooks and crannies. A big part of my work has been getting it all organized because stuff has been dumped hither and yon for years all over the place.

Was not very hungry this evening, so supper was a bagel with peanut butter. Right now I have our two smaller dogs sitting on my lap because they've been outside in the cold.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:59 pm

mbrudnic wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:45 pm
My DS just called. His audition was at Noon. He said he nailed it and the Dean of the Percussion department told him she wanted him in the program. He was pumped. so he should be able to make it home before things get too bad. I just hope he can keep calm enough to go slow and steady.
Fantastic! He has worked hard for this opportunity. Congrats.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

LWolfT wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am

Sorry to hear that Walmart is shutting all those Sam's Club stores ... and that thousands will be put out of work.
The way they handled it, shutting down the stores abruptly without notice, seems more like what a schlock local retailer would do. Very strange.

Even Kmart gives notice when they close stores.

Carleen

Post by Carleen » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm

The closest Sam's Club to our house is only a few years old. It is Always busy in there and the parking lot is a zoo. Now it will be one of the ones to close. I don't get it!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Good evening everyone,

Sorry but I don't have the time to read all the previous postings. I want to thank everyone for their good thoughts, concern and prayers - it means the world to me. I am very sad to report that my father passed away peacefully on Jan. 10, 2018 after a very brave fight, surrounded by family who live nearby. I will be flying to Toronto tomorrow morning and the funeral will be held on Monday. The funeral was delayed a little bit to allow a relative from the Philippines to have enough time to be able to attend. I feel at peace and know he has gone on to a better place. Still losing one's parent , no matter how old you are, is never easy.

Creative

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Creative,
So sorry to hear of your daddy's passing. No matter how old they are it still makes you feel almost like an orphan. I will be sending up prayers for you and yours.
Take care, JCKitty