Daily Check in Jan 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check in Jan 23, 2018

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Torrential rain here....not great on top of the snow.
Hopefully no local flooding.
Boy...the flu is really going around, an apparently it is a really bad one. My DH, kids, and grandkids all got the flu shot. I can't ever get the shot because I had Guillian Barre years ago. I wash my hands a LOT!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It was chilly this morning but sunny.

We had a small cold front come through yesterday - very mild. Didn't freeze.

Kind of slept okay. Wish I could have gone back to sleep after the pack went out the first time at 7. I've been holding them off going out again until 10 so the "neighbor" won't have a cow. I figure they can wait another hour. They are asleep anyway.

Worked out last night and I lost a pound since the last time we met in early December! I am glad I am not a big eater lately. I remember when I first retired I gained like 40 lbs!! I must have been eating like crazy.

Today have a few evening activities to include a town council meeting. Boy the info you can get from attending. :mrgreen:

I'm being sarcastic because I am just amazed at the number of people that complain about things yet, when told where and what to do to resolve their "problems" just don't have time. I started a town page and I like to keep it positive. I have a former childhood neighbor that is a big complainer. Had to block and remove him this morning. I know he is on a lot of meds for various disorders so in a way not his fault, but still can't have him spewing his rhetoric and have people take it as fact.

Hope everyone's day goes well.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:41 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:30 am Good morning.. Today I turn 73! Where have all of the years gone? It does not seem possible. Mentally I feel the same as I did when I was in my 20's.. My body says yeah but...lol. No plans. I really have never been a big fan of birthday parities. No problem with turning older it is life enjoy each day but no need for a lot of whistles and bells.

My former caregiver, now friend and sister, sent a lovely fleece blanket to me.. Also the cutest little faux suede and lambs wool coat for doggie nephew.. It has a hood and when I put it on him he kept tipping his head back in to the hood to see what in the heck it was..he was so cute and funny. I laughed so hard..

Our weather went from about 60 yesterday most of the day down to about 32 over night.. blustery all day and in to today and going to stay that way..

Have a lovely day and stay safe and warm. Janet Alliesmama
Wishing you the happiest birthday!!!!!
Thank you Trees. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:57 am Torrential rain here....not great on top of the snow.
Hopefully no local flooding.
Boy...the flu is really going around, an apparently it is a really bad one. My DH, kids, and grandkids all got the flu shot. I can't ever get the shot because I had Guillian Barre years ago. I wash my hands a LOT!
Trees I cannot have the flu shot either due to my ALS. I have had more viruses and upper respiratory problems this past Fall and winter then I have had in the last 15 years combined. I even wore a mask the last time I went for my B-12 shot and still came down with a bad sore throat. I am trying to stay home and out of the public as much as possible. Good luck with staying healthy.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ... 30s and cloudy/rainy. Had some hail/sleet last night with the rain.

Janet, happy birthday!! Hope you have a lovely day!

Not much going on at the moment. DH passed his background checks ... so he's waiting for a start date for the new job.

Otherwise, a bit of work ... trying to finish up some chores and perhaps work on some projects ...
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy birthday, Janet. Your outlook and positive attitude make you seem a lot younger than 73. You are definitely young at heart, dear lady.

I am taking a short break at work while waiting on some colleagues to finish stuff I need for an ad campaign.

Puppy seemed perfectly fine this morning. She was being a little pistol last night: bossing around the older cat and her big doggie sisters. She is actually very sweet to our younger cat, who is a shy little girl, and was gently patting kitty's head with her paw to get her to play.

The ice maker in our fridge is on the blink, and DH and I have been doing some diagnostic investigation to see if the problem is with the fridge itself or the ice maker. So far the fridge and its freezer are working fine, so I wonder if the little pump on the water line is defunct. Those things wear out very easily. DH replaced it on the fridge at our old house. It's an easy fix, once you know what it is.

Hope everyone has a good and frugal day, and all the sick folks start having some good days. Hugs to all who need them!
Mackie