Daily Check in Feb 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in Feb 19, 2018

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon all,

Happy Family Day to all my Canadian friends and Happy President Day to all my American friends. Who doesn't love a day off work?

Today dh and I took advantage of the special family day rate at our local Nordic ski centre. The trail pass was $7.90 including tax. That is half price for a week day so a very good deal! I packed us a lunch and a huge thermos of tea so no other money was spent. The conditions were great as we had a huge snowfall late afternoon yesterday and last night. Probably at least 10 inches of snow. So dh and I spent over an hour clearing our driveway, shoveling the snow off the back deck, sidewalk and stairs in the front. So lots of physical exercise today as we skied about 10 km and I topped it off with an hour long sauna at home. I feel happy but tired! I love cross country skiing and it makes our long winter so much more bearable. I think I'll go out again on Thursday, but this time on my own using a pass punch that oldest dd had bought me for Christmas. I still have 5 punches left.

Youngest dd had a day off work and went snow shoeing with a friend at her friend's house. They live in a rural area and have a most beautiful rustic home. She just texted me to let me know she'll be home for dinner. Dinner will be a pork shoulder roast (on sale for $2.00/lb.), brown rice, sweet kale salad, asparagus and leftover fennel. Dessert will just be a fruit for dh and I. Dd can have the last buttertart square or some ice cream if she feels like a treat.

Have a good evening everyone! Got to practise my piano now!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went to exercise class

Finally broke 150! Down to 148! When I started going I was at 168.

Wow - I am still chunky cuz I weighed 112 when I was in basic training. I don't feel fat though. Where did that weight go? I must have been more muscular.

I just now want to get rid of this overhanging tummy fat.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Quick, late check in. Nothing much going on here. Quick straightening up for the cleaners who came today. Love the way things shine when they are here.

BTW - Canada frugals - Congratulations on Gold in ice dancing. Virtue and Moir are the best I have seen on the ice. They are truly in a class of their own. I was thrilled with their performance.

Off to bed early - up early (for me haha) tomorrow is my pedicure and then a Sam's run. Sleep well!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

colonialgirl wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:41 pm Quick, late check in. Nothing much going on here. Quick straightening up for the cleaners who came today. Love the way things shine when they are here.

BTW - Canada frugals - Congratulations on Gold in ice dancing. Virtue and Moir are the best I have seen on the ice. They are truly in a class of their own. I was thrilled with their performance.

Off to bed early - up early (for me haha) tomorrow is my pedicure and then a Sam's run. Sleep well!
CG, I was so happy for them. What a way to end their careers.

Funny thing is, I don't think they really cared what colour of medal they got when they finished skating, they just knew they had skated the best they could and gave it their all for eachother.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Well they were flawless Jackie. I thought the French team was good - but no ways near the winners.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Virtue and Moir have been skating together since they were 8 and 10 years of age. They have a connection of friendship and love like no other team at this point in time. I think that the US team of brother and sister could perhaps develop the same connection. The French while beautiful skaters (they train here in Canada) just don't have that connection. No fire, no passion.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/