Daily Check in Feb 21, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check in Feb 21, 2018

Post by LWolfT » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Good afternoon.
It was 75 yesterday and 30 today. Been raining since about 1:30 a.m.
DH got through his root canal just fine ... has to go for a new crown on that tooth, though. (Very happy we have dental coverage). Yesterday, took advantage of the nice weather to do a bit of cleanup in the front garden. At least it looks better, though thinking one of my rosebushes may not have survived.
Otherwise, not a lot going on. Last night, we had coupons for free entrees at the noodle place, then went to DQ because DH had a BOGO coupon ... dinner and dessert cost us all of $2.50 :lol:
Creative ... that poor lady! (That happened to a friend when he was learning to skate ... he got a nasty concussion.)

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:47 pm

LWolfT wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:58 pm
Good afternoon.
It was 75 yesterday and 30 today. Been raining since about 1:30 a.m.
DH got through his root canal just fine ... has to go for a new crown on that tooth, though. (Very happy we have dental coverage). Yesterday, took advantage of the nice weather to do a bit of cleanup in the front garden. At least it looks better, though thinking one of my rosebushes may not have survived.
Otherwise, not a lot going on. Last night, we had coupons for free entrees at the noodle place, then went to DQ because DH had a BOGO coupon ... dinner and dessert cost us all of $2.50 :lol:
Creative ... that poor lady! (That happened to a friend when he was learning to skate ... he got a nasty concussion.)
Wolf way to go with the coupons and almost free dinner. It would make my day to have dinner for two out that cheap.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:12 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Raining cats and dogs here and weather people say we will get up to 5" tonight. Our river is overflowing now, but hopefully they can control it at the dam upstream. I have a 3:00 appointment so I can't help but get out in it.

My dermatologist had a cancellation and they called me this morning to see if I wanted it, I wa scheduled later in March for a small spot I had on my right leg. It was Petechiae, nothing serious and non-malignant so it was frozen off. I'm petrified of cancer of any kind and wanted to make sure that it wasn't cancerous. While there I talked with her about skin care and I am going to try a regimen she has developed for her patients. It's not any more expensive than this over the counter stuff and with a little retinol maybe I can eliminate more winkles happening. I'm not really vain, but like to look as good as I can. I know she's just trying to sell her services, but she was very complimentary of how well I was aging. She thought I had been doing a good job of caring for my skin overall.

Just got a call from Mr. B and he's not feeling well at all. He's gone to the walk-in-clinic as he thinks he is coming down with the flu. I almost got the feeling that he thought I might have given him the bug. LOL He wanted to know how I felt and I told him, "I feel great". I am not sure, but I think he's a little bit of a hypochondriac. He seems to go to the Dr. at a drop of the hat. I shouldn't be judging, but I have to really be sick to make an appointment and I think he goes if he has a hangnail.

Don't know if any of you who knit have made any of the little scrubbies using the Scrubby Yarn, but I am really enjoying mine. It cleans well and drys so quickly. I highly recommend. I need to get myself on the road again so everyone have a wonderful day.
Littlemiss, I made 6 of those scrubbies for myself and two for each of the DS's for Christmas. I love mine.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 pm

littlemiss63 wrote:
He seems to go to the Dr. at a drop of the hat. I shouldn't be judging, but I have to really be sick to make an appointment and I think he goes if he has a hangnail.
You've found a truly rare specimen - a man who will go to a doctor without being prompted ;)

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:40 pm

SandiSAHM wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 pm
littlemiss63 wrote:
He seems to go to the Dr. at a drop of the hat. I shouldn't be judging, but I have to really be sick to make an appointment and I think he goes if he has a hangnail.
You've found a truly rare specimen - a man who will go to a doctor without being prompted ;)
Sandi, hadn't thought about it that way. You may be right. He's certainly got a lot of good things going for him, he's a good man.