Daily Check in May 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Daily Check in May 16, 2018

Post by itspennyc » Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

My daughter brought me home this morning.

My implant went well, I have no pain at all from it today. Yesterday was a bit uncomfortable. I did need to take some Rx pain meds.

I am very tired this afternoon.

Penny

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Wed May 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Mackie, great news! And even better that you will get more $$!
And Gayle, great score for you on the pay!

Warm and kind of cloudy off and on all day.
Got out of work a bit early, stopped to see if I could pick up some pepper plants. The line was like 8 people deep, most of them with carts full of gardening stuff. No thanks ... not worth battling the worst of rush-hour traffic. I can go later.
One of the garage door remotes lost its programming (battery died). DH tried to fix it, only to find that my remote no longer worked. Took a bit, but he finally got everything working again.
Think I will try to work on the garden a bit while I still have light ...

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 pm

MackerelCat wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:36 pm
Great news: I got the job! And it's $2.50 an hour more than I'm making now! I gave notice this morning: this Friday will be my last day at the job I'm leaving and I'm using three days of paid vacation I never took, so that's 7 days notice instead of the usual two weeks, but I figured what are they going to do? Fire me? :-D

I do feel bad about all the lovely women who work here because they're so nice (it's the board of directors that are a bunch of idiots), but I have to take care of my family.

Between that and hearing from the eye doc yesterday that my condition is improving, it's been a terrific 24 hours.

Maggie, it seems like yesterday that your DS2 was a little guy learning how to cook. Now he's almost all grown up! You did a fine job raising both of those boys. (((Hugs)))
Congratulations!!!

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Wed May 16, 2018 7:47 pm

just back from dads...supper was French toast, bacon and over easy eggs. He ate real well and really liked the French toast. Homemade bread, home grown eggs and vanilla that I made with vodka and Madagascar vanilla beans. The vanilla has been marinating for about a year.

I haven't made breakfast for supper in quite some time so everyone really enjoyed it. I confess to being able to eat a pound of bacon by myself but restrained myself to 2 pieces...a normal persons portion :?

Dad gave me my maternal grandfather's 20 gauge shotgun!!!! I am thrilled! I will use it for varmints and the fact that it was my grandfathers is just amazing. It cost 6.00 new in the middle 1930's.

Took a road walk this afternoon, hot and sticky but the sun is shining and I am loving this weather.

Mackie, that is wonderful about your new job and Maggie you have raised good sons!

Off to shower and relax for a bit.
JCKitty

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 pm

jckitty wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:47 pm
just back from dads...supper was French toast, bacon and over easy eggs. He ate real well and really liked the French toast. Homemade bread, home grown eggs and vanilla that I made with vodka and Madagascar vanilla beans. The vanilla has been marinating for about a year.

I haven't made breakfast for supper in quite some time so everyone really enjoyed it. I confess to being able to eat a pound of bacon by myself but restrained myself to 2 pieces...a normal persons portion :?

Dad gave me my maternal grandfather's 20 gauge shotgun!!!! I am thrilled! I will use it for varmints and the fact that it was my grandfathers is just amazing. It cost 6.00 new in the middle 1930's.

Took a road walk this afternoon, hot and sticky but the sun is shining and I am loving this weather.

Mackie, that is wonderful about your new job and Maggie you have raised good sons!

Off to shower and relax for a bit.
JCKitty
Kitty you are my hero...home made vanilla, home made bread and home grown eggs.. You are doing what I always wanted to do but never had the time...You go girl!

How wonderful to receive your grandfathers shot gun.. A thing to be treasured that is for sure. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 pm

itspennyc wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm
My daughter brought me home this morning.

My implant went well, I have no pain at all from it today. Yesterday was a bit uncomfortable. I did need to take some Rx pain meds.

I am very tired this afternoon.

Penny
Penny good to hear everything went well with your implant and that it was not so painful after the initial day.. I have always wondered how much pain was involved with an implant.. Let me know if things start to bother you..My main concern is an infection in my mouth could spread to my total knee replacements if not monitored and done well. Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama