What's the price of gas near you?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: What's the price of gas near you?

Post by Jackielou » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 am

Actually the US imports millions of barrels of oil a year from other countries, both OPEC and non OPEC countries are their suppliers. Here is a break down of how many barrels a year come from each of the countries the United States gets it from.
https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=727&t=6

I hope the link works for you.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:15 am

Don't ask what gas is here.... The price is way to high. I believe if I figure it out in cost per gallon the price would be about $5.95 a gallon. Slowly inching its way ever higher.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:17 pm

$144.9/litre here or more. You can get it a bit cheaper at the reserve, but there's always huge line ups which are unpleasant in this heat. It also is quite a drive from us so we never go there. I've heard the gas is "watered" down a bit too so you get less fuel efficiency. So this works out to roughly $5.80 per American gallon. Not high enough to significantly change anyone's driving habits though, especially in the winter.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:32 am

$2.64/gal in Tulsa yesterday. The... tax? The per-gallon of sale thing to fund the teachers' raise is in effect now so not all... you know, it's Oklahoma, LOL, we have so much in the way of a few cents for this, half a cent for that... there's no telling what the base price would be if we weren't being taxed (you know, past sales tax on everything including groceries, income tax, and property tax).