Daily Check In October 22, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check In October 22, 2018

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Beautiful fallish day in Tennessee, temps got down to 33º last night, but I was as toasty as could be with my heated mattress pad. I love that thing.

Things are slowly, but surely being done on my to-do-list for today. I think I am motivated by marking them off almost as much as I am doing them.

Seeing Logic's post about holiday plans this morning made me realize just how fast they are coming up. I swear the years seem to be in double time speed, seems like they are speeding by much to quickly. I love the holidays, but that means another year is gone.

Have to share a funny story with all of you. Saturday I thought maybe I would activate a facebook account so I did. There are cousins that if I don't get on facebook I lose touch with them for they aren't into writing or calling. I bet it wasn't two hours of it being open that I get a friend request from a man that is a friend of my one of DH's cousins. I had seen the name before and knew that he was a scammer so I immediately sent her a private message and told her that she might want to be careful of him, since I knew he wasn't who he said he was. She immediately fired back a message to me that she knew that and that God had given her a gift of knowing when someone wasn't who they said they were. She says that she loves just talking to him and that he makes her happy. I apologized and told her that as long as she was aware that he was probably a Nigerian in a sweat room, in a third world country whispering sweet nothings in her ear that I was ok with that. Didn't I tell ya'll a couple days ago that I was going to turn over a new leaf and tend to my own business???? I told her that I didn't accept his friend request and that I had just blocked him from being able to contact me. God must have given me that gift too!!!!! I started to tell her that she would get more comfort if she spent the time reading her bible than she did talking to him, but figured not my monkey, not my circus. Decided I didn't really need to keep up with cousins anyway and closed down the account, to much crap going on there, don't need it in my life.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and get lots of stuff accomplished.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:39 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

Beautiful fallish day in Tennessee, temps got down to 33º last night, but I was as toasty as could be with my heated mattress pad. I love that thing.

Things are slowly, but surely being done on my to-do-list for today. I think I am motivated by marking them off almost as much as I am doing them.

Seeing Logic's post about holiday plans this morning made me realize just how fast they are coming up. I swear the years seem to be in double time speed, seems like they are speeding by much to quickly. I love the holidays, but that means another year is gone.

Have to share a funny story with all of you. Saturday I thought maybe I would activate a facebook account so I did. There are cousins that if I don't get on facebook I lose touch with them for they aren't into writing or calling. I bet it wasn't two hours of it being open that I get a friend request from a man that is a friend of my one of DH's cousins. I had seen the name before and knew that he was a scammer so I immediately sent her a private message and told her that she might want to be careful of him, since I knew he wasn't who he said he was. She immediately fired back a message to me that she knew that and that God had given her a gift of knowing when someone wasn't who they said they were. She says that she loves just talking to him and that he makes her happy. I apologized and told her that as long as she was aware that he was probably a Nigerian in a sweat room, in a third world country whispering sweet nothings in her ear that I was ok with that. Didn't I tell ya'll a couple days ago that I was going to turn over a new leaf and tend to my own business???? I told her that I didn't accept his friend request and that I had just blocked him from being able to contact me. God must have given me that gift too!!!!! I started to tell her that she would get more comfort if she spent the time reading her bible than she did talking to him, but figured not my monkey, not my circus. Decided I didn't really need to keep up with cousins anyway and closed down the account, to much crap going on there, don't need it in my life.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and get lots of stuff accomplished.
Libby I love the "not my monkey,not my circus" never heard that before.I have had three male request in the last four days. I do not know how they look for or find women to prey on but I will not be one of their victims. Your tried and that is all you can do.. She is a big girl and make her own decisions.

My brother has a long list of things he needs to do and he says he gets a rush whenever he crosses something off. My aide and I are list makers too and constantly spending time on reworking budgets and projections etc.. I told her I have cross index files of my lists..lol. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,

Sunny, bright and cool...a really nice day. Have been up and very busy. I made a list and like LittleMiss just love getting things done and checking them off the list.

Chicken coop is cleaned, disinfected and they have fresh bedding. The used litter is in my short black plastic barrel things and leaves and such will be added to make over winter compost. These are some sort of container the fiancé brings me from an all natural dairy farm...they are to hold mineral or something for the cows. They make great planters for container gardening.

I also scrubbed the woodstove platform and then painted that area, it takes a beating from the firewood being dropped on it and always looks better with a fresh coat of paint. Last load of laundry going and I am putting off cleaning floors until tomorrow as I think I "have hit the wall" and need to rest a bit.

Fixing breakfast for supper tonight, link sausage, French toast and over easy eggs. Dad had a dental appointment this morning and got a filling so want something easy to chew.

I am drinking a mid afternoon cup of coffee... needed a pick me up. I think I will be too tired out for it to keep me up tonight.

The leaves are finally starting to turn pretty color, seems late this year.
Off to read and catch up...hang laundry on the racks and call it done for the day.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

That is too funny LittleMiss!

I use my facebook for genealogy and information

I have a page for my maternal and paternal sides. Right now I have been conversing with my father's side and getting lots of new info. We didn't spend a lot of time with them growing up. I plan on meeting some of them in December when they have a centennial celebration for their church.

Have not heard any more news about my friend's catfish scammer.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

Today our city is having a municipal election so dh and I will be going out to vote at some time. I really think we could do with a change!

The weather is predicted to be pretty warm so it will be a good chance to finish up our yard work projects, store away the wishing well and all the lawn ornaments. I raked quite a few leaves yesterday but of course there is some more to do.

I keeping dinner simple. I will heat up Canadian Thanksgiving turkey leftovers for dh and dd and I'll finish up my chick pea curry.

Thought I'd posted early this morning but guess I didn't. We did get all the yard work completed and wishing well safely stored away.

Trying very hard not to suffer from travel envy. Several friends and my sis-in-law have been posting photos. Frustrating because we also could but dh doesn't like to travel.

Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

None of my plans worked out. My neighbor came over to cut my grass unannounced. She is suppose to give me one days notice but that was last Wed and she did not show up on Thursday. I think she may have been helping my brother with the final details on his farm house. She had been hired to do the final cleanup but then my SIL was sick so I think she may have helped him. Then Friday rain. Saurday she had a family thing that I was aware of. The problem was we had high winds after my previous tree limb/ stick pickup so I had to go out and pick up the limbs and sticks that came down afterwards.. It took me three trips to do that and by then I had no energy to do anything else. Could not wash windows outside with grass and dust blowing so I took Teddi for a ride and we went in to town to unload the recyclables. I was thinking when I returned I could drive my car down the hill to load up the trunk with winter things. Nope she was still cutting the back yard. I do have a big yard, an acre and a half, so went in the house and crashed. Did not make the chili too tired so measured the beans out in recipe portion size and threw them in the freezer. After laying on the couch like a slug for an hour I had cold cereal for dinner. Then with a last little energy spurt removed some gardening things from the deck using my garden cart and then used a shovel to remove the dirt from one of my earth boxes and put the dirt in my garden cart and emptied out the water. Will move them tomorrow but at least a head start for tomorrow. I dump all of the dirt from earth boxes on the steep hill behind the house and maybe in my life time it will be slightly built up better. This evening will be a rest on the couch while channel surfing.. Janet Alliemama
Janet Alliesmama