Daily Check-In, Nov. 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-In, Nov. 13, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday. This morning I drove through snow flurries. :(
Nothing much going on here. Tomorrow night DS2 has another concert. I plan to drive up for it.

I am hoping to stick around the office until 4 and then head over to DS1s. DDIL has been out of town since Sunday. I will see if I can help make sure the house is presentable. DS is horrible at that. But today I am finding that the relocated employees form the other floor walk by my office and like to stare today. I am like "Am I having a wardrobe malfunction? Do I have a big zit? What is it?" Oh well.

Have a great day,
Maggie
rinty

Post by rinty »

Lost post, crappy pop ups.

This does get very boring.

ANYWAY.

So, Maggie, maybe they thought you looked nice ? Spin the positive, girl !!!!

In other news it may well be World Kindness Day but we had a run in with social services yesterday and I Could Spit ;)

I won't but I wouldn't get in my way either.

Anyway we are promised a large group of professional will be having a super big meeting today where they can bugger up the lives of DS and his hosuemates and then tell us exactly hwo they are doing it.

Can't wait........

I am sure I will Segway into a real crying jag over this but today.........raving mad.

Work has beena bit of a chore lately. I am cetianly not a ray ofsunshine . Roll on retirement. On the bright side of life my retirement early cash in sum has risen by £3k......and as it likely to tank after BREXIT I'd be a fool NOT to cash it in. Its shares lead and we are promised we are DOOMED after BREXIT.

My fav BREXIT news item this week was a woman who was "stockpiling " I swear the article stated and had a photo of a VERY SMALL BOX containing cans of pepsi andmarmalade.

Each to their own but if any BREXIT nutters want to see an actual stockpile they can come and play with my 100 tons of wheat,sugar, pasta,tinend goods et al.

6 cans of Pepsi, forsooth. I hope the woman wasn't allowed to vote cos I can't see she would have had the mental capacity frankly..........

Dinner is pasta and something. Dunno. DH is babysitting and I'm busy with a thousand errands and MUST DO items re work.

None of which we get paid for .

BOUght an embossing inkpad to finish off some gift tags and put £5 in the kitty for a leaving gift. Car full of petrol , no spend planned til I collect DS for the weekend.

Don't have time to spend anything.

If I don't post for the rest of the week it'll be because Social services will have contacted us and you will hear my response FROM SPACE if it goes wrong.

Off to walk the dog/collect meds/go to appointment/make dinner/do laundry and make a gazillion phone calls to get back up re DS.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

We didn't get the snowfall either, just mess. I am glad we didn't get more than we did.
I am up ,dressed and ready for the day but don't have a lot of "get up and go" KWIM?

I need to water and groom the house plants, then run the floor duster. I have a fresh pineapple to clean...making a fruit cup to serve with tonight's supper of pork chops. sweet potatoes, salad and maybe peas.

Did not make the liver and onion last night...DD came home early from work and was sick. I am not making it until she feels tip-top and can enjoy it. Maybe Thursday.
I guess the whole family will be here Sunday and we will have a wood splitting day. I can't handle it by myself anymore....small stuff yes, the huge pieces I will not even attempt anymore because of my back.
Off to read and get busy again.
JCKitty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Cloudy, dreary, cold, you name it and you get it here today. I've got errands to run and like Kitty said, "I don't have a lot of get up and go" today. I've got to get with it though for nobody is going to do this stuff for me. I guess with all the cold weather the air pressure in my car tires changed. First stop will be the Nissan dealer to get my tires aired up. I have grocery shopping to do and have to make a run to the dumpster.

I slept really good last night so there is no reason for me to be tired today. I do have all my household chores finished and the house looks really nice. At least I don't have to worry about that. I paid my charge cards yesterday and for the first time that I can remember for once I am totally debt free, including utility payments. I will usually have a few pending charges that don't clear the statement. I was really good last month with using gift cards and I like that. I didn't do any shopping on my last trip and my gas spent on the trip came in on this credit card. It want last, but it's a good feeling.

Rinty, I am keeping you in my prayers. I just want to come over there and help you "jack" ups some social workers. This is getting to be beyond ridiculous for Tom as well as you and your hubby. They can't be intent on destroying someone's life for them, or can they?

Maggie, I am thinking that with your weight loss and didn't you get a new haircut that you are just looking so good that you have become "stareable". You go girl!

Kitty, everything that you cook sounds so good. I am not a liver and onions fan, but I bet I could even eat that coming from your kitchen.

Clem, I am glad that you enjoy your charity work. I burned myself out on it, so don't you overdo and do that to yourself. They called me and wanted me to help decorate christmas trees at the church and as much as I love Christmas I said, "NO". I have to much going on in my life right now.

Everyone have a great day.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Little miss obviously I can't go into specifics but it isn't just us wanting some gold plated placement cos we are too idle to look after our own.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Afternoon all -
Been on the run today. Had my pedicure this morning. Hubs wanted to go to Sams so he tagged along and went there while I had ,my feet tended to. Then we grabbed lunch - soup salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden. Ran to the grocery store for a couple of items and picked up scripts at Walgreens. Came home and are worn out. Seems like every person we dealt with today was incompetent. For example, waiter took our drink order and didn't return for 15 minutes. WTHeck?

Still fighting this cold/sinus. Not really sick - just snotty and out of sorts. Lovely small snowfall yesterday. I love it. Plus I cleaned and reorganized my linen closet yesterday and wrenched my back some way. WAH Wah.

I am not fit company today - so have a good one - CU bye!!