Daily Check In January 23, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In January 23, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 pm Happy Birthday Janet!
Thank you Clem. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Evening update:

Happy birthday Janet.

I am feeling pretty good with myself right now....I got my entire to-do list done. I also made 2 Pullman loaves of bread, used cooked rice from the fridge to make a stove top rice pudding on the woodstove and some broccoli cheese soup made with some broccoli crowns that weren't going to get used as is and whirled some leftover cheese potatoes in the blender for the cheesy thick base. Mercy! it turned out good :D

The steak taco's on Navaho fry bread were a hit and I ended up with leftover steak, so guess what I will be having for lunch. Dad ate his steak and baked potato as usual but he ate fry bread along with it.
I AM WHIPPED! But it feels good to have used things up, I try so hard not to waste but sometimes things just slip thru the cracks.
Kitchen is cleaned up and now just trying to relax. I wonder how the pioneer women did it, you just get one meal made and cleaned up and you have to start thinking of the next go around.
Thinking tomorrow I will make ham and beans, fried potatoes with onion and jonny cakes.
I may run errands tomorrow, don't really want to but also don't want to have to do it this weekend when they predict more bad weather.

JCKitty
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Happy Birthday Janet! i HOPE your Day has been a good one!

Hello friends,

A later check-in for me. Another day of Subbing accomplished, with just 2 more to go of this week, 5th one in this assignment. I've almost gotten all of "my" students' names memorized, maybe by end of the week. Today was library day, so an easier day in some ways, and less so in other ways.

Dd5 is having a raging tantrum, yay me! She wanted to stay at church with Dd8 at her Primary Activity Days group. *SIGH* I really think that she has gluten problems... every time she eats refined wheaty foods, she gets SOOO moody, whiny, grumpy, then sleeps 2-4 hours in afternoons.

Dd5's 6th birthday is 4 days away, though we are going to celebrate on Saturday rather than 3, as the 26th is right between hers & Dh's birthdays. The 26th is my Mom's birthday, and it seems fitting, especially as we gave her name to Dd5 for her middle name.

I picked up all 3 littles from school today, that is a first in awhile. It WAS nice to get home early today, I put in some laundry... *sigh* clothes washing machine is making a weird sound. :( I really hope it's not about to die like the dryer did last summer, though it IS 14 years old.

Dinner tonight is Chicken & Rice "soup," it's not very soupy, more like a thin casserole.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good evening,

Nice sunny weather for the time being although the rains are forecast to return towards the first of the month. I could tell when I left work last night that the days are slightly longer now. And now it is 5 and still have daylight outside. Really the only thing I hate about summer time is the unbearable hot weather. Other than that the longer days, blue skies and sunshine tend to perk me up.

Busy week this week so I am glad I was able to recover from the crud. Worked yesterday and today, bowling tomorrow and poker on Friday. I may pick up an afternoon assignment tomorrow if one comes available; we'll see.

Happy Birthday Janet! It sounds like you are having a nice time :)

Bev
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:23 am Good morning Jackie. Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Today we have a cold front moving in. It was 47 F when I got up around 4:00 AM but they said that within an hour it would plummet to 27 F with freezing rain.

Today is my 74th birthday. Funny I do not feel like a little old lady but facts are facts..lol. My aide and I celebrated at a Chinese restaurant yesterday since we were out running errands and had anticipated the bad weather. She worked on Monday just in case things are too bad for her to get here today. She can make up the hours lost last week this week. We will see. I am going to make Thai yellow curry for my birthday dinner and will have orange sherbet for dessert. I have never really been big on celebrating my birthday. My SIL and I use to have our's together since we are just a few weeks apart however she now spends her winters in Mexico. My brother and SIL usually call from Mexico and sing happy birthday over the telephone. My brother had arranged for a box of food to be delivered today from Omaha Steaks but I had him reschedule it for next week due to the bad weather predicated for today.

Hope everyone is doing well since not many have posted yet. Janet Alliesmama
You are SO not a little old lady!!! Happy Birthday....:)
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Happy Birthday Sweet Janet!!