Daily Check in Feb 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check in Feb 19, 2018

Post by littlemiss63 »

Carleen wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:23 pm Hello, LittleMiss

The thing about no top sheet is this: It's very European and is also on cruise ships.

The problem is that if the weather is mild and you want just a sheet and no blankets or quilts, you're going to be unhappy. We cruise a great deal and the first thing we do when we get to our cabin is to ask for a top sheet. Same thing when staying in hotels in Europe.

This is something that we don't want to do!!!
Carleen, thanks for the feed back, good to hear from someone who has actually experienced it. It definitely wouldn't work in the South in the summer months for me as the top sheet is all I sleep under. The last cruise I was on, there was a top sheet and we were on Royal Caribbean. Must be kinda a new thing. I love to cruise too.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 am If we are not sleepyheads, we are all running late.

Today is my Dad's 75th Birthday and Mom and Dad's 53rd anniversary. It is probably the first one in almost 22 years they have been in town for. Usually they are in Florida.

I have a bit of right-side sinus pressure again or still. I need to get my diet back under control. The scale is moving in the wrong direction. Maybe it is just water weight. I have not been careful with my salt lately.

Not much else new here.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, Congratulations to your parents!!!!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugals. The weather my way is bloody awful: cold, lashing down rain, and it's thundering, which is just weird. This morning we had sleet for a while.

Youngest Dachshund is wrapped up in a quilt with me and snoozing away. We have trouble keeping weight on her and she gets cold easily when she gets wet going outside.

I had a lovely day off yesterday and finally got the fitted sheet that suddenly lost all its elastic repaired. Did it the easy way by using bias tape to make new channels for new elastic. Also sewed 4 infant wash cloths from some cute flannel from my stash of fabric.

Work was tiring today, with lots of stuff to deal with. Was wishing mightily to stay home and sew instead!
Mackie
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Was on Royal Caribbean 2 weeks ago and the beds had top sheets - must not be a universal thing on all cruise lines.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:15 pm Update:

The rain didn't arrive, so I was able to accomplish some more painting. What is it about a fresh coat of paint that just livens a room up? I was reading an article this morning about Millennials choosing to not use top sheets on their beds anymore, instead they used a comforter inside a duvet. The argument was that it takes a shorter time to make the bed and they didn't end up with the sheet in a wad around them. I thought about it for a minute and honestly I'm not sure that it would be easier, because you still have to wash the duvet cover weekly and removing it and getting the comforter back into the duvet would take me some time. I am always looking for things that would make my life easier and I may just try it for sometimes I do have a tendency to kick the top sheet down into the bed. I have really enjoyed having my sheets and pillowcase in a plastic rollout case underneath my bed. I read one time that someone put her extra sheets and pillowcases at the foot of her bed between the mattress and box springs, that didn't appeal to me. That is my next declutter project to clean out the linen closet and get rid of some sheets that I don't want anymore.

It's crazy I know to be this excited about getting an inside laundry room, but I am. I picked out my new washer and dryer and it's waiting to be delivered as soon as "C" gets his work done. We picked out the tile yesterday so it's just a matter of him getting things done. His daughter was sick all night last night and he had to take her to the Dr, so he was a no-show. The only difference now is that I gave him $500.00 to buy materials and if he doesn't do this job on a timely basis I will be calling him, besides I want it done as I've waited long enough. My bank really looks after me, for I guess with all the scams they want to make sure that things are on the up and up. The teller he took the check to called me to make sure that I wrote it out to him. I guess there is a difference because, I've written him lots of checks on the same account and never gotten a call, but guess he deposited them into his checking account and this one they were cashing in person, I was impressed.

Jackie, I am just hoping that it doesn't take me as long as it did for you to get your heating system completed.
I hope you don't have as long a wait as we did. Love my new furnace now though.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/