Daily Check In May 18, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In May 18, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:12 pm Alliesmama

Teddi doesn't like carrots. My dogs love the "baby" carrots. I buy them when they are on sale.

I've been feeding my invalid dog canned chicken. The vet said i could boil my own chicken or just use canned. Mix it with white rice. He gobbles it up.
Teddi use to like baby carrots but his mouth is so small and teeth so tiny I use to have to cut them up in to fourths for him to be able to chew them. However for some reason he stopped liking them. Cooked carrots he does not like at all. He loves radishes and does get one big one a day but it has to be sliced thinly for him. Teddi does get rice and chicken but lately he has been picking out the chicken. He does the same with any kind of meat and rice. He is just picky. I have tired tough love if you do not eat it within 15 min it is put away for later. He will go all day without eating and then recently he started throwing up yellow foam. Which they said was bile and it was due to not eating.. So he needed small frequent meals of a starch and a protein. He did ok for a few days now back to picky eating again. Sometimes he scarfs down an egg and other times he ignores it.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Teddi will be fine temporarily on a meat and a starch. Does he like fruit? My three love bananas, apples, cantaloupe, watermelon and blueberries. But they also love peas and carrots.

Come to think of it, a baked potato is very close to nutritionally complete, so if he likes potato, that would be an excellent starch for him. My dog with so many food allergies absolutely loves potatoes.

Regarding my two dear people assigned to me by the church, they are both wonderful folks. It has been an honor to become their friend. Life is a whole lot richer for knowing them.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:06 am
Regarding my two dear people assigned to me by the church, they are both wonderful folks. It has been an honor to become their friend. Life is a whole lot richer for knowing them.
Those people are so, so lucky to have you, Mackie. My mother would call you an angel and I agree.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:44 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am back, coffee in hand, and fingers a bit more nimble in typing (very few fumbles this morning so far).

It was really windy here all night and is still windy this morning, if this keeps up the men will not be fishing today (heck youngest DS won't be home until later today) and maybe not even tomorrow. The constant howl around the roof has given me a headache so after my morning treadmill, I will need to take something for it.

I want to take a trip to the Farmer's Market today. Perhaps they have sage at one of their plant stalls, if not I am close enough to check another store that carries plants and such as well as another dollar store to check something out (packaging for some items I want to make for a basket).

Then it will be home to have some fun working on my various projects, no planting today as it is just too cold out. However, I do have some perennials that could be planted at some point today. As long as it stays above freezing they would be okay.

I hope to get a couple of the scrap quilts sandwiched today, though I am intrigued by something Gayle wrote once. She said something about sewing everything together and turning it right side out (kind of like a pillow case), then there is no binding involved. I just wonder if a person could machine quilt the resultant product, or if it would need to be tied.

SNIP---------
I have machine quilted a turned quilt. I won't try to turn anything bigger than a twin. I think I did it once. LOL. I just machine quilted over the ends. It will not win any prizes, (none of my quilts would), but it works.
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:41 am I have machine quilted a turned quilt. I won't try to turn anything bigger than a twin. I think I did it once. LOL. I just machine quilted over the ends. It will not win any prizes, (none of my quilts would), but it works.
Maggie
Thanks Maggie, I did sandwich these two quilts together in the regular manner. I might try doing this with one of the remaining two.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We are having lovely weather with lots of sun and yet cool. However we are expecting Armageddon tomorrow night. The state of Oklahoma has canceled school today due to the severe weather and that storm is heading our way tomorrow night. I have to pick up a few more ready to eat meals at Big Lots. It is Indian curry that is easy to heat and eat and does not need to be refrigerated. A few more batteries for my lamps and I will be all set. I plan on making some gluten free muffins tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be ok but it does not hurt to be over prepared.

I am taking Teddi to the groomers this morning and while he is there will get the oil changed in my car. I am also going to take him for a heart worm test today.
Have a good and frugal day.
Janet Alliesmama