Daily check in February 19, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in February 19, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.

Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in February 19, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

A potentially rainy morning which is ok. We need the rain. Yesterday, I worked hard sweeping up leaves and putting them in the garden. I also worked on my new compost bin. I think most of the leaves from the front at least are picked up and deposited in the front garden. I am sore and tired. Maggie asked about the therapeutic ultrasound. They are used by physical therapist to relieve pain and promote healing of soft tissue like tendons and muscles. It is recognized as an effective technique to speed healing. It sure reduces my knee pain.

The work outside was a bit harder yesterday because we had record breaking heat. That is an energy sap. I consider it a full body workout since I have to lift the leaves and carry them as well as walking around and around with the sweeper.

Today, I will ok the insurance coverage on the truck. I let hubs look it over yesterday. I also made an appointment to get the truck retitled next week.

Today, we are due to go to the gym. I am not enthusiastic. I am tired. But hubs needs to go. See if I rally. We need a few things from the store as well.

I asked old dance partner if he had gotten a report back about his heart. He had a monitor test last week and expected the results yesterday. Not yet.

Today, I am grateful for the possibility of rain. Have a good day all.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
DG, thanks for the info on Ultrasound. I was curious since I suspect my current ankle issues are related to the tendon Thanks where the problem was 10 years ago in my other foot.

Gasp!, I used the last of my coffee. I will have to get some more for tomorrow. I also have a pot luck dinner with a singles group in my town that cannot seem to get off the ground. I am thinking of stopping for some fried chicken. Looks like only 4 of us have committed to going.

Had to change one of my work passwords this AM. I know it is necessary, but it is inconvenient.

I need to call Dad to wish him and Happy Birthday and my parents a happy anniversary. (76 & 54).

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is cold here once again so I probably won't be going too far until later this afternoon. I slept much better last night. We (meaning me) got the futon pulled out. While not as comfortable as a bed, it was still more comfortable than the recliner.

Today I vacuum the remaining part of the apartment, wash the bathroom floor, dust the living room area, and get the bathroom sink cleaned up a bit. The tub and toilet are clean.

I also need to get to a store and pick up a few items he has run out of since my arrival.

I can't get used to cooking in his small galley style kitchen. I need room to move and there just isn't enough.

Still it brings me joy to know I have bee able to make the apartment a bit more trip free.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. It is a frosty (27 F) ( -3 C ) with a wind chill of (18 F) ( -8 C). I think it might go up to (32 F) ( 0 C ). Good day to stay in and bake.

The other day I found a mouse had gotten in to the my lower corner cabinet. It is a lazy Susan style. I try to keep it closed after using but sometimes I just forget. Anyway you could see it had been into the plastic dishes. It was so desperate for food it chewed the rubber off of a canning lid and also chewed on a bar of soap that I keep in the kitchen for washing my hands. So yesterday I had to remove everything to be cleaned. I have run two loads through the dishwasher and one more today. I put a mouse trap in the basement where I think it hides out during the day. I went down to check the mouse trap yesterday and no mouse and no trap!! It must have gotten something caught in it and has managed to drag itself away and is hiding and maybe dead. I have looked for it but cannot find it. As I have mentioned before my basement is a storage area for other people in my family so there is a lot of stuff down there. I plan on going on another safari this afternoon to see if I can locate it. I feel sorry for the mouse if it is still alive it must be suffering. If it is dead I need to find it before it starts to decompose.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It got cold again and very overcast. Had some sprinkles of rain. Good sleeping weather.

I had to get up "early" to attend the weekly breakfast. Almost didn't go. So nice to be in PJs and snuggled up.

The other ladies don't agree. They think I am weird. One even told me I looked sad. Hello - all this chatter from 8 people when one has barely had 4 hours of sleep will make anyone sad - :roll: :mrgreen:

They all say they zonk out at 9 or 10 pm at the latest. Some are up and about at 5am!! All retired -so why? My mom didn't get up with the roosters. I take after her in that department and them getting on my nerves for all the endless chatter shows I am like my father - lol.

Thankfully i am back home and will relax, maybe do a few chores and then read all the latest political news.

Have a great day.