The Happy Thread!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: The Happy Thread!

Post by SandiSAHM »

Another thumbs-up for pets. The beast is pretty spoiled but... that's what she's for :lol: You can tell she's weirded out by DH staying home; she sticks to him like glue. Usually she likes to be outside, but now she's wherever he is, usually right where he has to be super careful or he'll roll over her with his office chair.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:29 pm Well, I just removed 24 beautiful rolls from my oven and they look good, but they don't have a real yeasty smell or taste. I guess I would sum the entire experiment as eatable, but not delicious.

They didn't rise as much on the second rise. I will freeze and eat them, but would never serve to a guest at dinner. They taste more like a regular biscuit. It proofed, but the next time I make them I will add more yeast and see if that does the trick, if it doesn't then I will be buying new yeast. LOL
It will make me happy if there is any on the shelves. I placed an order for pick-up for tomorrow at Walmart and there wasn't any in stock at my store.

Lesson learned: Old yeast doesn't work as well as fresh does!!!!
Sorry they did not turn out as well as you anticipated but at least you can still eat them.
Janet Alliesmama
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

GOOD THREAD! I am happy cooking gourmet meals for my family (although sometimes I want a break so we eat leftovers). I think though I need to ease up on this bc today my pants feel a tiny bit tighter-and they are elastic :shock: ! I have been making Mexican, Indian and Italian food. You Tube food, Still trying to figure out a good pizza though-mine was a fail on that! The crust was horrible -YouTUbe recipe too.

I like spending home with my family. KInd of homesteading with the family-would like to really homestead but haven't grown anything really lately (sprinkled spinach seeds and cilantro and mint growing -all kind of wildly spread from before).We have plenty of fruits though-but I need my vegetables. So thinking have to start on that-is it too late though!? We just gave too many gosh darn weeds that took over and it is just too much work! We don't have much energy anymore-miss my Energizer Bunny days. Both of us always have been productive all our lives and hate to just sit down even, BUT ever since dh's accident, he is just blah-doesn't want to do anything or work on anything. I told him you got lazy now! I was hoping he would help me grow something-but nope-just sits there and watches pigeons-I kid you not! All day long-hawks try to kill them so he is their protector and when he sits there the hawks don't come near. The hawk attacked two pigeons and in fact, ate one in front of the others and they kind of have PTSD now!!! They are so scared of everything.

I am happy not spending any money because I cannot go out! I am happy catching up with many old friends over the years. I am happy that finally I am using all the skills I have accumulated over the years being frugal,stocked up,etc and thinking I am prepared to weather this that I am not struggling to figure out what to do or panicking, I got this!