Daily check in July 11, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in July 11, 2020

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Let's get started.

LogicsHere

Re: Daily check in July 11, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Another day of rain from the tropical storm that is on its way up the coast, but when over, we should be in better shape water-wise than we had been.

Thought I was going to have to break down and buy another mouse for my computer (misplaced the one that came with my new computer) as the one I was using was sticking badly and locking into a scroll position almost all the time I went to scroll down with it. The entire mouse showed signs of dust in the cracks so I took a toothpick and gently removed it. When I got to the wheel I pulled out a fairly large clump of dust and now it is working fine.

Since its going to be a very gray day, most of the day will be spent watching the Hallmark Channel.

Today is designated as "Cheer Up the Lonely Day" an opportunity to make a lonely person happy. Any time you can make someone happy, you've done a good thing and should be proud of yourself.

Lonely people can have few friends and loved ones, may have lost loved one or may be elderly. They see people on an infrequent basis.

Spend some time today cheering up lonely people. Remember to practice social distancing in the process. You can do this by talking to a lonely neighbor from 6 feet away, you can call them or send a quick email to them. Give them a chance to smile at a distance.

Have a wonderful day.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Saturday morning all,

Thanks for sharing the designated day "Cheer up the Lonely Day", Logics. I will make it a point to do that.

Another Florida summer day ahead. Flowers are blooming. Vegetables and fruits are producing. Butterflies are fluttering. Life is good.

Military son is back at his regular Asian base and with good internet connection, we were able to Skype for awhile yesterday evening, his morning. I make sure dinner is at 4 pm, so it doesn't interfere with his "call". It was a pretty meal with seasoned white fish, cauliflower and green beans.

I hope to finish up organizing and storing empty garden pots today. Yesterday was stormy and windy and I couldn't make much progress on that goal. Of course, the rains refilled all my rain barrels and I didn't have to water plants. So it is all good.

Deciding to raise the house temperature to 84F has worked out well for us. Our fans keep it very pleasant. The ac comes on occasionally and the house humidity has remained low. Since I cook outside on the porch, there is minimum heat load on the system. I look forward to seeing our frugal lifestyle reflected in a low electric bill we should receive within the next 10 days.

Today, I am grateful that I live in a good community. Have a good weekend all.

rinty

Post by rinty »

Logics , I do like your " days ". Does it count that I sent off a slew of texts yesterday touching base with folk ? I am claiming YES ;) Woken at 5.45 by a text reply pinging back !!!! She had migraines all week so not a lot of sleep apparently !

So , up early at the weekend :o no thanks but oh, well.

My meal plan is still a joke, any meal plan that has banana muffins made with cocnut yoghurt/peanut butter cookies and rice pudding is NOT to be taken seriously.

Tough. Had to go to ASDA which I resented hugely but needed end of term gifts and I wouldn't let my medically fragile collegue do it. I was in there at the crack of dawn , mask wearing and bought as random a selection of goods as ever was bought. Including 2 cheap camping chairs.In case we do break ground actually go to a beach with DS.

I have 2 fears. ONE, Ds goes utterly nutso. could happen :? TWO, he loves it but cannot social distance and terrifies the general public causing ONE to happen. SIGH.

Washing done, dishwasher nurtured back to health, ironing giving me a death stare.

Bacth cooking a load of mince for dinner. Half will be chilli, half bologneses sauce with courgettes. 4 family meals anyway.

Waving to Little Miss, I saw where you mentioned you and Mr B would not plan to marry though you are " together ". I'm sorry that is not in your future.

Off to get on. DH is allotmenting for a friend who has broken his hip.

DH watched Passengers with Anne Hathaway and loved it. worth a watch

I bought a craft magazine I saw on a blog. FAB tropical treetops stamp selection inc sloths . It was £10 !!!! I spluttered but bought it

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

In for another hot day today, we've been getting enough rain for the garden, though I still have to water the porch plants. Went to bed early last night, and ended up waking up earlier than I wanted this morning. Can't say I got a lot accomplished in the extra time.

Waiting for Walmart to tell me my order is ready. They were out of some things, meaning another stop at some point.

Murphy hit us again. This time DH had a fender bender in a parking lot. Fortunately, not a lot of damage and it was repaired quickly. Garage door: Repair guy suggested we replace both springs, rather than the one. Checked records and the last time around we did a single — the other one failed within a year. So in the long run, cheaper to do both.

Rinty, lovely to hear from you. Rice pudding? Yum!
Creative, congrats on finishing radiation. Happy to hear you're doing well.
Gayle, sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

rinty wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:32 am
Logics , I do like your " days ". Does it count that I sent off a slew of texts yesterday touching base with folk ? I am claiming YES ;) Woken at 5.45 by a text reply pinging back !!!! She had migraines all week so not a lot of sleep apparently !
Yes, Rinty, it does. :)