Daily Check In October 18, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 18, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

I now have 40 blocks made for my quilt. Still trying to figure out slashing and borders. I may just go with borders as this quilt is going to be pretty wildly patterned.

Made an apple cake as Hubby did not like the apples I bought and I did not want them to go to waste.

I think I might tidy up in the sewing room and look for a different oven mitt pattern online. I don't really like the one I copied out...too feminine for the DS's.

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Afternoon! I had a slow and lazy morning. Lit a candle and put on some Halloween music, made coffee, put the dogs out and relaxed and read for a long time.

This afternoon I cleaned out my car, took out the garbage (pickup 6:00 a.m. tomorrow), fed the outdoor cats, tidied up the back lawn a bit and swept the front porch. I'm feeling a nap - we will see. Take care everyone.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Having a good day so far.

I've done laundry. Have lots of pet towels to wash. I like to hang them out to dry. The day is nice and sunny so they will be ready in a few hours.

The pups are loving this weather. Nice and cool and sunny. They can sunbathe and not get all hot

Also went out there and picked pecans. I have three trees. They are small this year, but tasty.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have been cooking half the day. Made a batch of food for Lily Dog, and then set about figuring out how to use up some of the food box items in meals this week. I wound up making apple-cottage cheese bread pudding for my breakfasts this week, figuring that cooking the cottage cheese after it was whizzed up with almond milk and eggs would deactivate most of the lactose. It came out delicious. For lunches, I used some of the beef, potatoes, onions and cheese and made a shepherd's pie.

For DH, I made beef and barley soup with a pack of yellow sticker boneless beef ribs and cheesy-herb muffins with some more of the federal farm cheese.
Mackie

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I have not seen another person today!!! tele calls and texts but not in person.

Veg soup is done and cooling for the fridge, I had some and it's really good. The family will love it.

I really haven't done a lot today, and that's okay. Some days are like that.

need to think about meals for the upcoming week...2 serving meals...I did boil some eggs and will be making egg salad and some tuna-egg salad.

Not exactly a boring day, just a quiet day.

JCKitty

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Snowing off and on all day. My apple cake looks and smells lovely, just hope it tastes good.

To dark to work on my cross stitch, so I have been tidying in the sewing/craft room. Now watching the new Great British baking show and will do my row on the temperature blanket. After that I will work on knitting the front of my sweater.