Daily Check-in October 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check-in October 23, 2020

Post by rinty »

Aw , Trees, dental work is so painful, you enjoy that soup.

I have been googling Halloween bark like a madwoman !

Decided that ( even tho avoiding shops ) I will make a mercy dash to a Tescos that sells Reeses pieces as they are right Halloween colours :shock: Also MUST HAVE mini pretzels having checked out different options, maybe even mini oreos !

Can't get candycorn here. I have had it ( mainly as décor becos its tastes AWFUL imo ) Certain tastes don't travel, just sayin'. Like COOL WHIP. I LOVE Cool Whip and it has never made it over here. Maybe it has some ingredient that won't pass EU tests ? Dunno. Like white cake mix can't be had for love nor money.......you can get other Betty Crocker mixes but not white cake mix.

ANYWAY, back to Halloween bark. I have texted both DDs and DDIL. Their reaction has been "ooooooooh !!!!" So I reckon the entire clan will be making it this half term. Thanks Maggie !

A trawl thru the pantry revealed I actually do have eyeballs I must have bought to make character cupcakes with in lockdown so HURRAH , they can go in the bark.

One purist talks of " tempering " the melted chocolate. :shock: Lifes too short for something I am going to let DS smother in sweets.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Household tasks completed and even managed some sewing. Tomorrow I will iron what I have completed and do a bit more sewing on the quilt. I might just get the one top finished this month. Especially if I pick the number of another quick and easy project.

I will do some knitting this evening and hit bed early. Lately I have been just exhausted by the time it gets dark.

Off to do another layout of the quilt to see which way I like it better. Oh yeah and my new sheets need folding and the new curtains hung.

Life is just so darn exciting here on the old homestead.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am home from work, have sorted my laundry and started a load in the washer. Also bagged up Lily Dog's new kibble in ziplock bags and popped it in the freezer to kill any grain mites that may be in it. Tonight I have to give her another allergy shot.

Right now I am enjoying not hearing the phone ring. There are a couple of very high maintenance students in quarantine and after multiple calls, I began to mutter ugly words when I saw their numbers come up on the office phone. They aren't sick: they're just bored and driving me crazy.
Mackie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

crazy weather

It is 87 degrees here according to my weather app

In a town about 60 miles away, it is 60 degrees!

Cold front should be here tonight

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

rinty wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:27 pm
Aw , Trees, dental work is so painful, you enjoy that soup.

I have been googling Halloween bark like a madwoman !

Decided that ( even tho avoiding shops ) I will make a mercy dash to a Tescos that sells Reeses pieces as they are right Halloween colours :shock: Also MUST HAVE mini pretzels having checked out different options, maybe even mini oreos !

Can't get candycorn here. I have had it ( mainly as décor becos its tastes AWFUL imo ) Certain tastes don't travel, just sayin'. Like COOL WHIP. I LOVE Cool Whip and it has never made it over here. Maybe it has some ingredient that won't pass EU tests ? Dunno. Like white cake mix can't be had for love nor money.......you can get other Betty Crocker mixes but not white cake mix.

ANYWAY, back to Halloween bark. I have texted both DDs and DDIL. Their reaction has been "ooooooooh !!!!" So I reckon the entire clan will be making it this half term. Thanks Maggie !

A trawl thru the pantry revealed I actually do have eyeballs I must have bought to make character cupcakes with in lockdown so HURRAH , they can go in the bark.

One purist talks of " tempering " the melted chocolate. :shock: Lifes too short for something I am going to let DS smother in sweets.
Oh no, I've created a monster! LOL!